Home
Posted By: bsa1917hunter AR 15 vs. AK mud test... - 07/13/16
Hey, any of you see these tests/videos? Looks pretty interesting. I know a lot of you guys like your AR's, this test looks like the AR fares pretty well:

I have far fewer failures with my AR then I do with my AK.
Posted By: rost495 Re: AR 15 vs. AK mud test... - 07/14/16
I don't have a cheap AK. Its a milled one, forget which one. Have never had single failure with it. Other than the accuracy failure issues. LOL.

That said I've put way more rounds through ARs, wife and I generally ran 20 k give or take for 15 or so years....

I"ve seen really few AR failures from well built ARs. And lots were ammo/mag issues not gun issues.

I did see 2 with broken locking lugs... drop a new carrier in asap and back up and running. Some were issues with worn gas rings, that was failure of maintenance.

Occasionally a loose primer pocket would drop a primer into the trigger group and lock it.

But for all the rounds I"ve seen shot, reliability of the AR has never bothered me.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: AR 15 vs. AK mud test... - 07/15/16
when I start to buy a new AK I take my medications. No more Glock 20's either...Glock 23 with 200's at 950 will do fine.

I had my first failure to eject with a Colt in 38 years this weekend, several in fact... smile (I just don't shoot as much as some I guess)

Keep that little T1 micro rubber-aimpoint cover from dangling over your ejection port boys...carry on..
Posted By: TWR Re: AR 15 vs. AK mud test... - 07/15/16
Been there... Replace the cover ASAP!
https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/2252236550/tangodown-io-optic-cover-aimpoint-micro-h-1-t-1

I picked up an under folder AK of some variant yesterday and quickly sat it back in the rack. I'll stick with my AR's.
Posted By: RickyD Re: AR 15 vs. AK mud test... - 07/19/16
No more Glock 20's either...
Got any you want to sell cheap? grin
© 24hourcampfire