Home
Posted By: gophergunner Cheap AR mags - 08/26/16
Well, my honey hole source for cheap AR mags apparently dried up. I was buying one every paycheck at Fleet Farm for $7.00 each. Went in today and they're long gone. Anybody seen any good deals this week on cheap AR mags? I ain't picky, as long they cycle okay.
Posted By: BigDogBoogie Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/26/16
Palmetto state Armory has been running specials on magazines regularly for quite a while now. Sign up for their email specials and watch the daily deals.

Here there be mags
Posted By: ringworm Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/26/16
I've got a dozen or so...but, I really prefer the magpul 20's.
I actually like the MSAR last generation mags so I pick those up for 8-9 bucks when I can.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/26/16
what kind of mags were they selling?

PMags have a good reputation and they are about $10.
Posted By: pacecars Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/27/16
I have been using these http://armorydynamics.com/Amend2-30-Round-AR15M4-Magazine-556-x-45--Black_p_50.html and like them a lot. I have had some issues with the last PMags falling out of my rifle. They appeared to have problems with the molding around where the mag catch goes
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/28/16
Originally Posted by pacecars
I have been using these http://armorydynamics.com/Amend2-30-Round-AR15M4-Magazine-556-x-45--Black_p_50.html and like them a lot. I have had some issues with the last PMags falling out of my rifle. They appeared to have problems with the molding around where the mag catch goes

If you are having issues with PMags not working in your gun...its an issue with your gun. I would fix that as opposed to using some generic magazine.
Posted By: pacecars Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/29/16
My dealer tried the PMags in question in several makes of guns and they had the same problem. They may have come out of the mold too soon and were damaged or maybe out of an old and worn mold. The dealer has had issues with a lot of them lately and has returned them and is waiting on their response as to why so many malfunctioned. I tried them in my Sig .300 Blackout and they wouldn't stay in that gun either so I am pretty sure it is the mags and not the guns since the metal mags stay in and so do the Amend2 mags. I will say that there have been no issues with the PMag D60 though. Of course your mileage may vary.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/29/16
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Well, my honey hole source for cheap AR mags apparently dried up. I was buying one every paycheck at Fleet Farm for $7.00 each. Went in today and they're long gone. Anybody seen any good deals this week on cheap AR mags? I ain't picky, as long they cycle okay.
How many ya got? How many ya need?

Brownells usually shows em around 10 each.... nothing wrong with that...
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/29/16
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by gophergunner
How many ya got? How many ya need?

Brownells usually shows em around 10 each.... nothing wrong with that...
Yeah, that seems to be the going rate. I think I'll pick up about 10 more. I think I've got 5 now. I also want to get a 5 rounder in case I get a chance to hunt with it.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/29/16
yeah, mostly you don't need a ton of them, and now might be a good time to grab 100 bucks worth.... you never know... never had any issues with brownells AL mags...
Although we bought most of our mags a bit ago... wish I"d have bought a couple of paper bags full... GI 20s were 2-3 bucks apiece... ugh... but what can you do with more than a few anyway.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/29/16
Quantifco tactical runs a 5 for 50 on pmags
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/29/16
Check Gun Mag Warehouse online.
Posted By: lazydrifter Re: Cheap AR mags - 08/30/16
link
© 24hourcampfire