Home
laugh

Waited 2 weeks to get this rifle back from a new smith I am trying out. Local guy. Lets just say it did not turn out "as expected". I took it home and kept it over night, and tried real hard to like it. But there was no love to be had. Dropped it back off yesterday afternoon to be redone.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Damm thing was supposed to be black and gray. Depending on the light, it looks purple, pink, blue, violet. WTF? LMAO. He is redoing it with a different base.

Also, for whatever reason, unbeknownst to me, they went with the reduced pattern size. I told him to go full pattern size this time, which is what I thought was happening in the first place.

Stay tuned, should be interesting. .....
I'd just Krylon the whole works, to your taste.

If you ever want it off, it's easy with some Citri-strip, a toothbrush, and a garden hose. Done it many times to rifles, scopes, etc.
I know you like your Krylon Shane.

And I honestly would not be opposed to it and almost went that way. I just thought I would give the hydro dip a try. Only costing me $102 for what you see, plus a 4" sunshade.

I came close to going with a Vista fall pattern that looked real nice/effective. I still could if I called by tomorrow morning. But, I was talked outta that by my bud who said the darker Kryptek would be cool on said rifle. I just hope it comes out okay. Want it to match the black scope and receiver, and gray mount and barrel.

I know, Krylon is a lot cheaper......grin

since its not anything you need, but something you want, and it does nothing at all for the gun, then you need to get exactly what you want.

Pretty simple.

Personally in the photos I don't see those colors and it looks good as is, but I'm not you.
I thought he was talking about the Leupold on top....

Originally Posted by David_Walter
I thought he was talking about the Leupold on top....

OUCH!
krapteck?
Anyone try coating a stock etc with plasti-dip?
Originally Posted by TylerG
did it once to a savage 24 stock. first time didn't have all the grease/oil off. it peeled. second time has lasted 10 years. makes a nice non skid grip.
How the heck do you do that? Thin it and paint it on?
Originally Posted by TylerG

I tried "Leak-Seal" spray-on rubber coating on a Tikka T3 superlite. It added some grip to that slippery plastic stock, but it started to peel soon.
Spray on truck bed liner works fairly well....
Originally Posted by BarryC
How the heck do you do that? Thin it and paint it on?

they have a spray on version
Forgot to repost the new dip job.

It is okay. I do not love it nor hate it. I do like it better than the first go round though. This time it looks more gray, dark gray, white. No purple, blue, or violet overtones......
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I must be Amish at heart. I see some bedazzeled guns that look nice, but not for me. Black is fine on an Ar, you really can not make them pretty. JMHO
Well it looks better but the 1st pictures, there's no excuse for an ugly gun!!!
Jim D
© 24hourcampfire