Home
Posted By: Rboom Odin Works Barrels? - 09/19/16
Hi guys,
Is anyone using an OW barrel on their AR 15? How is the accuracy? I found a good deal on a 14.5" .223 Wylde chambering, and was considering it for a build.
Posted By: seven_miller Re: Odin Works Barrels? - 09/19/16
I picked up an 18" 8-twist Wylde for my one and only AR build. The gun occasionally shoots sub-MOA with a 1-4x scope, and the barrel cleans up quickly. I've read that they use McGowen blanks. I'm satisfied.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Odin Works Barrels? - 09/20/16
Originally Posted by Rboom
Hi guys,
Is anyone using an OW barrel on their AR 15? How is the accuracy? I found a good deal on a 14.5" .223 Wylde chambering, and was considering it for a build.

Keep in mind you are going have to pin or weld the muzzle device on it, or declare it an SBR and pay the tax.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Odin Works Barrels? - 09/20/16
I put one of their 16" .223 Wylde bbls on one of Dad's ARs, then function tested it with several brands of ball ammo. Those shot 3/4-1.5" at 100yds. I shot one 3 shot group with factory Win 69g MKs well less than an inch at 100 and gave it back to Dad. Not much of a test, but I liked the appearance and it seemed like it wanted to shoot. I've tried a few Seekins(Rock blanks) since then and may try another Odin the next time I need a bbl. Odin has a 1moa gtty.

Here's the one group I shot from the Odin with the 69MKs:
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Rboom Re: Odin Works Barrels? - 09/20/16
Thanks for all of the info! I went ahead and picked it up. I'm sure hoping it shoots like this one ^^^^^^^^^^
We look forward to your range report!
Posted By: Ghostman Re: Odin Works Barrels? - 09/24/16
Don't have an Odin barrel in 223 but one each in 300 Blkout and 6.5 Grendel. Both shoot 1/2" 3 shot groups with handloads. Odin barrels are made by McGowen.
© 24hourcampfire