Home
Is there any drawback to a Wylde chamber?

Is it truly the best of both worlds? What am I missing?
No
Yes
The best of both worlds.
From what ive read they are more accurate than the 5.56 chamber. You can fire 5.56 ammo in the wylde chamber.
I have a couple that are great shooters
No drawbacks at all that I can see.
I have two Ar-15's with Wylde chambers and they are very accurate.
My Ruger American Ranch Rifle supposedly has a Wylde chamber but I've never cast it, I just know that it shoots 5.56 ammo as accurately as .223 Rem. ammo.

Mr. Wylde supposedly came up with the design in order to shoot 5.56 in matches that would be more accurate than a 5.56 NATO chamber.

Ed
I have had several Rifles with the Wylde chamber...I have found them to be no more accurate than a high Quality 556 chambered Barrel, with the ammo I run...I have also had several Wylde Chambered Rifles that would not run Steel case...If you are running a Target Rifle No problem!!! I would not have one for a Chit hit the fan Gun.
I wouldn't have any steel cased ammo... but then again I have a stash of brass cases and ammo anyway enough to work with.

The Wyldes are not more accurate than a match chamber, but they sure are versatile. And accurate enough.

We have shot a LOT of different ammo in Wyldes with never an issue, including lots of different surplus brass cased ammo.
I don't own anything that I would shoot steel cased ammo in either.
What if chit hits the fan and steel cased is all you can find? Your life could depend on it!!!!!If it will not shoot steel cased, I would not have it......
Originally Posted by deere2320
No drawbacks.........
SHTF scenario - you will have a lot more to worry about than steel cased ammo.
.223 Wylde and 8 twist is arguably the best barrel for a precision .223/5.6 rifle.

For a beater, truck gun using cheap Russian ammo go with a 5.56 chamber.
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
What if chit hits the fan and steel cased is all you can find? Your life could depend on it!!!!!If it will not shoot steel cased, I would not have it......
Originally Posted by deere2320

Wow, at least if thats all you are worried about you won't survive the scenario very long....
Who the F.U.C.K said? that is all I was worried about....WOW!!!!!!!!

I am sure I will out survive you..... smirk
© 24hourcampfire