Home
Wanting to try a decent trigger. Is the Geisselle G2S any good?

Should I just spring for an SSA instead?
Yes the G2S is a very good trigger. If I were buying another I would get the G2S-E (enhanced). Best bang for the buck.
Same pull weights as the SSA-E.
got 2 from DPMS over purchase sale. great triggers.
the G2S-E is $199 on the Geissle site, that seems about as much as an SSA-E. I have a G2S and its a reasonable trigger, better than mil spec but not near as good as SSA-E, nor even the RRA varmint trigger I own. For a "General Purpose" carbine the G2S would be fine, for a hunting, type gun the SSA-E is a better choice for me.
DD, CMC also makes a decent trigger.
Also Timney makes a good trigger.
The Geiselle is the military trigger perfected.

The CMC, Timney and other so-called "drop-ins" cannot self-retain their pins like a military style.
They need help on the outside....E-clips, C-clips or buttonheads.

This may not be an issue for some, but I don't want E-clips, C-clips or buttonheads on the outside of my receiver.

I think the only "drop-in" that can self-retain its pins is the Wilson AR trigger.

Field reports on these drop-ins as far as function goes have been very good.
have 2 cmc's and have never had any problems with pins walking.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
have 2 cmc's and have never had any problems with pins walking.

Are you using the C-clips ?
nope!
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Wanting to try a decent trigger. Is the Geisselle G2S any good?

Should I just spring for an SSA instead?

I would never buy an SSA over an SSA-E. I don't know much about the G2S.

The SSA feels about the same to me as a Rock River NM. The SSA-E is an incredible improvement IMHO.
To me the ssa-e is definetly nicer than the g2s..and the g2s isn't bad at all. Geiselle knocked the ssa-e down to $117 for a brief moment on their website for the BF sales and I was able to swoop on a few.
© 24hourcampfire