Home
Posted By: huntsonora Burris AR-332 or AR-536 - 12/05/16
Burris is having a promotion where if you buy one of these AR scopes you get a free Fastfire 3. Which of these do you prefer and why?

Thanks!
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Burris AR-332 or AR-536 - 12/06/16
Neither - I really don't like the reticle from Burris for any range past about 100 yards. I've sat and scoped with these out 200-300, and just feel I'm wanting to look around the reticle instead of through it.

The purpose of the doughnut is to function as a CCO, the dot are for the ranged targets. Adding a Fastfire seems redundant to the purpose of the optic.

Hunts- I'd take a really hard look through one of these at some distance before committing.

If you have to have one, I'd go 3x for a short range optic. I think you will frustrated with the clutter in the middle at 5x.
^^^^^^this^^^^^^^
i dismounted the 332 and just use the ff3. good for pasture rats out to 150.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Burris AR-332 or AR-536 - 12/06/16
We'll, hell. I was going to buy a fastfire 3 for my suppressed 22 pistol and when I saw this deal I bought the AR-536 to get the free FF3. I got a decent deal on it so it's essentially a $60 scope

Might go ahead and pick up the AR-332 as well and get another FF3 for another build and then sell the AR scopes cheap
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Burris AR-332 or AR-536 - 12/06/16
Cabelas's ran a sale on the FF3 last week at $199 with the carbine mount.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/BURRIS-FASTFIRE-AR-F/2293131.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dburris%26CQ_st%3Db

I bought one to dismount the optic for another gun, Glock MOS. With the holidays, Cabela's has been running a bunch sales on Burris optics, I'd keep an eye out for another price drop.

Worst case, the two scopes are good trade barter if you are in them right.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Burris AR-332 or AR-536 - 12/12/16
I have an older Burris 132, the battery life was crap. I worked at Bass Pro for a little bit selling optics and to me the Burris was a bulky, heavy and a little unrefined compared to Vortex and Sig optics. It makes the gun feel real top heavy. It's not a bad optic but everyone has personal preferences.
© 24hourcampfire