Home
Posted By: GSSP Longer barrels for AR's? - 01/18/17
Who makes longer, 21", 223 cal, high quality, barrels for AR's? What are good prices?

Thanks,

Alan
Watching this one.
Longer than 21" or 21" exactly?

Lots of places offer longer barrels. Your options are only limited by your budget.

White Oak Armament/ Precision is a good place to start. They offer everything from match grade button rifled barrels at good prices to full custom barrels from top of the line blanks.
Posted By: GSSP Re: Longer barrels for AR's? - 01/18/17
21", give our take a bit. Not exact.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Longer barrels for AR's? - 01/18/17
Originally Posted by GSSP
21", give our take a bit. Not exact.

20", 22", and 24" are fairly common. Search through Rainier Arm's website for several examples of good quality long barrels.
A White Oak Armament 20" SDM barrel would be tough to beat. 20" in length and fluted under the handguards.
Posted By: gzig5 Re: Longer barrels for AR's? - 01/18/17
White Oak is my recommendation as well. They will do customs, or at least they used to. The standard barrels (Wilson??) they sell are a good value. Krieger cut rifled will get you about 1000 rounds extra barrel life and maybe a touch better accuracy, but there are no flies on their standard barrels. Each of the three I have have been sub 3/4 MOA using iron sights shot from prone.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Longer barrels for AR's? - 01/18/17
Shilen makes a great 24 inch barrel if you don't mind a heavy rifle
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Longer barrels for AR's? - 01/18/17
Originally Posted by wareagle700
A White Oak Armament 20" SDM barrel would be tough to beat. 20" in length and fluted under the handguards.

Yup, superb balance and super accurate.

[Linked Image]

As I recall the 700 was cut back to 21".
Posted By: kellory Re: Longer barrels for AR's? - 01/18/17
Where are the reference points for measuring a barrel of an AR? I'd like to see what mine is.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Longer barrels for AR's? - 01/18/17
Originally Posted by kellory
Where are the reference points for measuring a barrel of an AR? I'd like to see what mine is.

Close the bolt and run a cleaning rod in from the muzzle to the bolt face. Mark it at the muzzle and measure the rod.

Or for a quick & rough estimate, just measure from the back edge of the barrel nut or handguard. Remember about 5/8" of the barrel is inside the flash hider.
check out black hole weaponry they offer lots of lengths and contours. I might also consider a custom krieger one of these days when I get bored. BHW usually has a shot show special too.

looks like your wanting more speed, there are definate gains to be had handloading, you probably already know that. all I shoot mostly is stuff below 60 grains, I can't find anything that beats 8208 for speed and accuracy in 3 different AR barrels.
© 24hourcampfire