Home
Posted By: wildhobbybobby Tulammo in .30 Carbine? - 02/24/17
I just picked up an M-1 Carbine. It is an original military/mixmaster/import marked gun, so I consider it a shooter rather than a collector's item.

I don't want to get involved in reloading for it, so I picked up a case of Tulammo 110 grain FMJ. I tried my best Google-Foo to see whether the steel cases are problematic in the carbine, but there wasn't any definitive info available.

Are there any known negative issues with this ammo in .30 Carbine? I am thinking about getting a couple more cases while it is still cheap. I do plan to pick up a spare extractor or two to satisfy the prepper in me.
Posted By: Kp321 Re: Tulammo in .30 Carbine? - 02/24/17
The US used steel cases for some Carbine ammo during the war so I would not see any problem from that. Personally, I would lean toward Aguila. It is brass cased and reloadable. Also, the CMP likes it enough to offer it for sale through their store.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tulammo in .30 Carbine? - 02/24/17
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I just picked up an M-1 Carbine. It is an original military/mixmaster/import marked gun, so I consider it a shooter rather than a collector's item.

I don't want to get involved in reloading for it, so I picked up a case of Tulammo 110 grain FMJ. I tried my best Google-Foo to see whether the steel cases are problematic in the carbine, but there wasn't any definitive info available.

Are there any known negative issues with this ammo in .30 Carbine? I am thinking about getting a couple more cases while it is still cheap. I do plan to pick up a spare extractor or two to satisfy the prepper in me.

How about this...

You start pumping that lot of that ammo through your gun, and tell us if it works.

Dave
Posted By: BMT Re: Tulammo in .30 Carbine? - 02/24/17
Straight-walled cartridges and steel cases don't mix well

It will shoot till the chamber get dirty--then jam
Posted By: rost495 Re: Tulammo in .30 Carbine? - 02/25/17
There were straight walled 45 acp steel cases and 30 carbine in one of the big wars.

One of my buddies bought who knows how much surplus in 45... now and then a few won't go bang, but never issues with jamming.

YMMV.
Posted By: BMT Re: Tulammo in .30 Carbine? - 02/25/17
That ain't TULA

Hornady steel match probably works fine in 30Carbine

With the Carbine I had, TULA ran till the chamber got dirty

Posted By: BMT Re: Tulammo in .30 Carbine? - 02/25/17
That ain't TULA

Hornady steel match probably works fine in 30Carbine

With the Carbine I had, TULA ran till the chamber got dirty

© 24hourcampfire