Home
Posted By: LBP 6mm Hagar - 03/25/17
Anyone have any experience with the 6mm Hagar?
Posted By: gzig5 Re: 6mm Hagar - 03/27/17
Lot of guys running it for Highpower XTC. I have the short version based off the SPC case. What are you looking for?
Posted By: LBP Re: 6mm Hagar - 03/27/17
Was thinking about it for a Remington 700 build.
Posted By: gzig5 Re: 6mm Hagar - 03/28/17
Unless you start with a rifle chambered in 6.8 SPC you will have to modify the bolt to accommodate the SPC/30Rem case diameter. The 6BR. 6xc, 6x47, or 6 Creedmore would be a heck of a lot easier in a Remington. Hornady is the only source of brass for the Hagar I'm aware of and isn't guaranteed to always be there while some of the other options are more sustainable. Performance wise, the Hagar is going to lag the .473 BF cartridges and only exists to maximize the performance in an AR platform. I'm all for being different but I think doing a Hagar on a Rem 700 is just making things difficult with negative benefits.
Posted By: Yondering Re: 6mm Hagar - 03/28/17
I agree with that. Like a lot of AR15 cartridges, there's not much point in doing them in a bolt action, when there are better and easier options.
Posted By: LBP Re: 6mm Hagar - 03/28/17
Originally Posted by gzig5
Unless you start with a rifle chambered in 6.8 SPC you will have to modify the bolt to accommodate the SPC/30Rem case diameter. The 6BR. 6xc, 6x47, or 6 Creedmore would be a heck of a lot easier in a Remington. Hornady is the only source of brass for the Hagar I'm aware of and isn't guaranteed to always be there while some of the other options are more sustainable. Performance wise, the Hagar is going to lag the .473 BF cartridges and only exists to maximize the performance in an AR platform. I'm all for being different but I think doing a Hagar on a Rem 700 is just making things difficult with negative benefits.

Probably right
© 24hourcampfire