Home
Posted By: Freddy Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
Has anybody done business with PSA and has it been positive.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
Yes,yes.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
Two purchases, a complete upper and two complete lowers. More than pleased with the value/quality.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
Their shipping lags at times but have no complaints about the goods to date
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
I haven't bought a whole lot from them, but my experiences have all been good.

My buddy down the street would cry a river if anything ever got in the way of him doing business with PSA.
Posted By: redleg733 Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
I've got several $49.99 blem lowers from them, an on sale pistol or two, and a decent amount of on sale ammo over the past couple of years. Never had any negative issues. Fully agree that they can be slow to ship.

Of the half dozen or so blem lowers, I've only had one where I could find the blem. It was some light tooling/machine marks on the inside and didn't affect function at all.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
I've gotten one complete lower (blem) one completer upper, and a blemmed BCG off of them. All separate purchases. No shipping delays. Maybe I just caught them when everything was in stock, but I'm a satisfied customer, and would/will use them again. FWIW, I never did find the blem on the lower. To this day I don't know what caused that designation, and can't see a thing on it. The BCG just had a light spot in the finish, but when it's in the receiver, no one can see it anyways. No function issues-it runs just fine.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
I've bought 2-3 times from them, no complaints
Posted By: Yondering Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
I've ordered from them many times, no complaints. Their shipping used to be really slow a few years ago, but is a lot better these days. I think they heard the complaints and stepped up their shipping department.
I built 2 AR's with complete uppers and lower parts from them last year, no problems at all.

As Certifiable said, some of the parts took a couple of weeks to arrive, I figured it was due to the pre-election surge.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
Yes, no issues at all.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/30/17
No issues, slow shipping.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/31/17
Yes, and yes.

Echoing the slow shipping time, the PTAC bargain line of products tends to be the most likely to get a problem part.

I've found a couple of the barreled uppers that had Lok-Tite or the equivalent on the barrel nut. Not a show-stopper, but a pain to work on.
Posted By: njs1230 Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/31/17
Bought a lot of parts, ammo and handgun. No issues with them.
Posted By: Freddy Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/31/17
Thanks guys, thinking of buying a complete upper, I have a Rock river Lar 15 and it is a tack driver, groups under two inches at 400 yards. am thinking of getting a Rock river upper either 20 or 24 inch barrel,checked out AR15 sales.com but they want a more than I can afford, same length barrel uppers at Palmetto are much less in price, only question is are they as accurate as the Rock rivers. Rock river uses Wilson barrels, Palmetto won't tell what barrels they use.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/31/17
Freddy, I have an RRA upper with a 24" stainless barrel I have considered selling, but just haven't decided yet. Probably less than 100 rounds down the tube. If that is something you're interested in we could discuss it.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/31/17
I buy from PSA when I need to, & have had no issues with them; hard to beat some of their sale prices on uppers if that's what you need from them.

But I use Primary Arms much more than PSA.

They have more inventory, more variety, more brands & if they have it in stock, it almost always ships not later than the next day.

MM
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/31/17
Primary Arms is good too. I can buy wholesale but Palmetto and Primary usually beat those prices on their sale items, sometimes on the regularly priced stuff.
Posted By: Freddy Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I buy from PSA when I need to, & have had no issues with them; hard to beat some of their sale prices on uppers if that's what you need from them.

But I use Primary Arms much more than PSA.

They have more inventory, more variety, more brands & if they have it in stock, it almost always ships not later than the next day.

MM

I will check out their website, thanks.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Palmetto state armory - 03/31/17
I'd echo what's been said on Primary Arms too. Never a bad experience.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/01/17
Palmetto is a great place to find excellent deals. I've purchased AR parts, mags and tons of ammo from them. Probably more from them than any other dealer.....
Posted By: PPosey Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/02/17
Uppers , lowers, parts, ammo and mags,,, all have done well
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/02/17
assembled 10 ar's last year all from PSA. not a problem with any parts. once or twice got impatient with shipping time but not as bad as a few others.
have never found the "blem" on any of the blems i bought.
Posted By: ned Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/03/17
if you like to get lots of email sign up for their mailing list. haven't bought anything yet but some of their prices on "specials" look very reasonable.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/03/17
Originally Posted by Freddy
...uses Wilson barrels...

Do NOT be sold on the "Wilson" brand on ARs.

Example... .458 SOCOM. Wilson DID NOT and DOES NOT have a licensing agreement with Marty at Teppo Jutsu... the bums at Wilson reverse engineered the reamers

---------------

Off the negative now... I have bought lots of good stuff from PSA... Great Prices.

These are accurate...
Originally Posted by AH64guy
...the PTAC bargain line of products tends to be the most likely to get a problem part.

Originally Posted by NVhntr

It can be slow, I have had both fast and slow.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/03/17
Additional... I have learned to polish PSA triggers with some Flitz and a cotton Dremel wheel before installing.

Aids in the break-in and smoothing out. 99% of all my PSA triggers are totally acceptable after 200-300 rounds... the pre-polish cuts this down to about 50 rounds.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/05/17
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Just ordered a complete upper from them on Mon, will be here on Friday, not bad on shipping time. Will update on quality then.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/08/17
Big Brown showed up yesterday, the upper is nice for the money. SS Hbar 16" 8 tw. Now for some range time.
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/09/17
Multiple transactions and parts no problem with any of it, all great.
Posted By: timbo762 Re: Palmetto state armory - 04/14/17
They are a great outfit. Just be sure to wait for what you want to go "on sale". There sale items change almost daily and if you're patient you will save some real money.
© 24hourcampfire