Home
Posted By: boatboy Trigger issue with PSA 9MM - 04/15/17
I bought a PSA 9MM AR That takes Glock Mags
Thought it would be fun and take younger shooters out and let them shoot an AR

I shot it once and the trigger was a Mil Spec heavy so I had a LaRue waitng new in package
Well it felt great till I went to shoot it

Here is the issue
The gun shoots and puts the next round in battery but the trigger doesnt reset (I have the only single shot AR) I did have a run of a couple and than I ran 4 but mostly shoot than pull the charging handle a round comes out and another one in and shoot

I am assuming this is because of the light recoil of the 9MM?
I did take the hammer out at the range and replace didnt know what I could have messed up, but if you can I will
No diffrence

I will call LaRue on Monday and I am sure they will help unless someone can lead me in a direction

There was no issues with the trigger that came with it with resetting

Thanks Hank
I had the same issues with mine and sent it back to PSA. The fixed it and turned it around quickly and it runs great now.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Trigger issue with PSA 9MM - 04/16/17
the more I read about PSA the less inclined I am to buy anything from them except ammunition. I had a Keltec that did the same thing as well as a Bersa 22. all gone now.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Trigger issue with PSA 9MM - 04/16/17
Originally Posted by jimmyp
the more I read about PSA the less inclined I am to buy anything from them except ammunition. I had a Keltec that did the same thing as well as a Bersa 22. all gone now.

Yes if you are not going to be able or desire to tinker a bit with guns, then buying the cheapest you can find is not a smart way to operate.

Buying top name ready to run is the way to go.

Nothing wrong with either mindset.

I"ve had PSA, Bersa and Keltec. Bersa has been fine, PSA same, Keltec needed a few tweaks. Nothing big though.
FYI there are two types of AR9 bolts, ramped and non-ramped. Ramped allows use of a standard AR hammer, non ramped requires a 9mm hammer. I would check that out first and make sure you have the right parts. I think PSA uses hybrid stuff, whatever that means.

I built 8" pistol using NFA and spinta stuff for my wife, it's a really fun little gun. I call it the little ammo burner smile
Posted By: boatboy Re: Trigger issue with PSA 9MM - 04/16/17
[quote=Stormin_Norman]FYI there are two types of AR9 bolts, ramped and non-ramped. Ramped allows use of a standard AR hammer, non ramped requires a 9mm hammer. I would check that out first and make sure you have the right parts. I think PSA uses hybrid stuff, whatever that means.

I built 8" pistol using NFA and spinta stuff for my wife, it's a really fun little gun. I call it the little ammo burner smile [/quodte]

Norman That made a lot of sense to me
they do use a hybrid bolt and I went and looked at the trigger group I took off and its the standard mil spec just like I took out of a Stag and any other stock (or most)
but the LaRue hammer is very unique and I bet there is the problem I was going to take a Rise out of another gun and put it in but I think I will wait till I talk to LaRue Monday before I do that
I have the PSA AR-9 which uses Glock mags and the Sig MPX. The Sig MPX is definitely a quality gun but the PSA 9mm shoots great and I really like the idea of using pistol mags so, FWIW, I'm most likely going to sell the MPX and keep the PSA 9mm.....
© 24hourcampfire