Home
Posted By: jimmyp Any Aimpoint Problems here? - 04/23/17
Any one have a drifting zero with an Aimpoint?
Nope, no problems with the three (H1, PRO, and M3) that I've owned. Have you checked your mount?
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Any Aimpoint Problems here? - 04/23/17
It's one of the Aimpoint supplied QD mounts, I always wondered if it was any good.
The QD mechanism on the Aimpoint PRO is quite robust, but I would check the ring screws and the bolts that hold the ring mount to the QD base, as those may loosen up under recoil.
My Aimpoints have always been 100% good to go.....wish I could say the same for my shooting!!
Posted By: avonac Re: Any Aimpoint Problems here? - 04/23/17
All the ones I've seen have been good. I have seen the screws on the PRO mounts become loose.
Posted By: BMT Re: Any Aimpoint Problems here? - 04/23/17
Originally Posted by Nebraska
My Aimpoints have always been 100% good to go.....wish I could say the same for my shooting!!

3aimpoints
No issues
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Any Aimpoint Problems here? - 04/24/17
I recon I better check the whole thing.
Posted By: TWR Re: Any Aimpoint Problems here? - 04/24/17
Seen one of my buddies PRO shift when the factory mount screws came loose. Switched to an ADM mount and all has been fine. (Seen another PA copy of that mount break right off and send his red dot to the ground, but that's another story)

Been reading another thread where an instructor no longer allows red dots in his precision rifle class due to zero's shifting due to parallax. I don't use a red dot for precision shooting so maybe I just haven't noticed?
I have had them on my 12 gauge 3 1/2" turkey gun and 444 marlin for years. Both guns kick hard. The only problems that I have had are user error. I have forgot to turn it off before putting the gun in it's case. I keep plenty of battery's in all of my gear.
I wonder how much parallax they have at 100 yards? I kept getting vertical movement of about 2-3 inches just shooting a piece of printer paper at 100. The other possibility is that the POI changes with a 6920 type rifle shot off the bags or laying prone and shot off the magazine! Or again could be parallax due to different shooting positions.
That was about right if I recall. I'll see if I can dig up the thread.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/...e-something-finally-making-it-known.html

It made a lot of forums
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I wonder how much parallax they have at 100 yards? I kept getting vertical movement of about 2-3 inches just shooting a piece of printer paper at 100. The other possibility is that the POI changes with a 6920 type rifle shot off the bags or laying prone and shot off the magazine! Or again could be parallax due to different shooting positions.

I"m not saying the positional is the difference but I can see impact variations from bags to prone sling, to bipod and I never could group at all off the mag... Precision wise that is...
another link

http://www.breachbangclear.com/parallax-free-isnt/
Originally Posted by TWR

Damn just Damn. I hate to have to go and buy a T2. Damn!
With my astigmatism I never have been able to use one with any precision.

Maybe I should sell you my T2?
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Any Aimpoint Problems here? - 04/25/17

Maybe! I will have to wait a month though, just bought two recliners for the family room..
© 24hourcampfire