Home
Looking at the Magpul MOE fixed Rifle stock. Pros/cons?

Anything else that is better for a rifle? Primarily used by the shooter for target/prone/scoped/longish shooting.
I have one of those on my .450 bushmaster and I like the fit and feel.
I put one on a recent build and like it so much that I plan to change out the A2 stock on the RR Predator Pursuit. I like the fair sized storage compartment too.
Also, several ways to hook a sling.
Magpul MOE fixed Rifle stock - good stocks, easy install, and decent pad on the back end.Good length of pull for an average sized shooter.

The storage compartment makes the stock sound a bit "hollow" with anything loose in it, but the door locks tight, and it's secure in my experience.

The Magpul PRS is probably "better" as a prone/bench/field stock for adjusting to your fit, but it's 4x the price, and way more heavy.
For precision arms, the Luth-AR is tough to beat! More adjustable and better cheek weld than the MagPul PRS, and $100 cheaper. Very intuitive to setup - once - and right, right from the 1st attempt. I see many on the line at our precision shoots, many replacing the PRS. To me it's a "best buy", albeit for this somewhat limited application.
© 24hourcampfire