Home
Posted By: driggy RRA 6.8SPC - 01/21/20
I am looking to do a possible trade and am wondering what the market is on a barely used Rock River Arms LAR-6 6.8 SPC. I believe it is the CAR4 mid length style. It has the permant style front sight and no back sight, and Burris two piece PEPR base/rings.
Posted By: MichiganScott Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/23/20
I've got one that I bought about right years ago as a 200 yard deer rifle with little recoil after some back surgery. Seems like only a few fan boys are still into the catridge. I doubt it's worth much on the used market even if ammunition is still readily available.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/23/20
About $300-350 IMLE, I’ve had several of them over the past eight years.

I’m assuming it’s the HBar barrel profile?

They are easy to build on if one wants to change out parts to free float tube and low profile GB.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/24/20
The 6.8 with 95 grain TTSX bullets over 30 grains of benchmark is a good deer rifle. Grandson shot a little spike at 123 yards last year with mine.
Posted By: javman Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/24/20
Originally Posted by jimmyp
The 6.8 with 95 grain TTSX bullets over 30 grains of benchmark is a good deer rifle. Grandson shot a little spike at 123 yards last year with mine.

I'm getting 2,988fps with the same bullet using 10x but I am using a 22" tube.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/24/20
If you think the 6.8 is dead, I've got news for you.
Posted By: JRS3 Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If you think the 6.8 is dead, I've got news for you.

Wilson Combat just built a 6.8 for me that is fantastic. It will be a deer slayer.
Posted By: Terminal223 Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by driggy
I am looking to do a possible trade and am wondering what the market is on a barely used Rock River Arms LAR-6 6.8 SPC. I believe it is the CAR4 mid length style. It has the permant style front sight and no back sight, and Burris two piece PEPR base/rings.

Probably a couple hundred less than new if you find someone that wants a complete rifle, most build everything now.
Posted By: Terminal223 Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
I've got one that I bought about right years ago as a 200 yard deer rifle with little recoil after some back surgery. Seems like only a few fan boys are still into the catridge. I doubt it's worth much on the used market even if ammunition is still readily available.

You're thinking about the Grendel. Midway is selling 17 different 6.8 types of ammo, 14 different Grendel loads.
Posted By: rost495 Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by MichiganScott

Whether you are talking 6.8 or Grendel both have ammo and brass easy to get.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: RRA 6.8SPC - 01/27/20
I have a 6.8 SPC that was given to me by my late brother, shortly before he passed away. It's a shooter too, a Bison upper on a CMG lower, 20 inch barrel. But, I prefer hunting with bolt rifles, and rarely shoot it. It loves the Sierra 110 ProHunter, and I've killed deer with that combo. I'll never part with it because of who gave it to me, but I wish I could learn to use it more.
© 24hourcampfire