Home
And Remington Rolling blocks? What are actions in good shape worth?
Last year, I sold two Argentine .43 Rollers in darn good condition, a pair for 800 bucks. Shootable guns with very good bores. Prior to Covid I saw a couple pretty rough Martini's (BSA .303's?) for around 400 asking price at Big Reno Show. People claim you can buy serviceable bubba cut trapdoors for 400 bucks, but I've never seen any. Price wise, actions are near impossible to get a number on...they are from scrap to stupid. One man's opinion.What are you going to build?
An old friend of mine ran a gunshop for years and he is getting a bit too far gone so he needs to get rid of a lot of shop relics. I have noticed that there is little interest in the early single shot actions, not like there used to be. Going to get some pictures and list them here in the classifieds.
I think 'trapdoors.com' is defunct but there is a classified section on 'trapdoor collectors.com' and that should help you price your Springfields. Unlike many guns, it's perfectly ok to 'mix and match' breechblocks and actions...so you might maximize money by parting them out. If I lived close to OK, Tulsa Show, I'd just get a table, price em down and be done with it.
Always interested in Martini Cadet actions. That way I wouldn't have to cannabilize the complete rifles I have for upcoming projects.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Always interested in Martini Cadet actions. That way I wouldn't have to cannabilize the complete rifles I have for upcoming projects.

I'm interested in Cadets as well
I've owned a bunch of Cadet actioned custom rifles over the years, one original Cadet still chambered in .310 Cadet, as well as a number of rimfires (BSA target rifles and a Greener take-down custom). They ranged in quality from really fine to mundane. I still have Cadets in .218 Bee, .225 Winchester and a custom action that is awaiting conversion into a .25-35 stalking rifle as a retirement gift to myself when I finally retire. I also still have a BSA Model 13 in .22, the custom Greener, also a .22, and one Swinburn's patent Martini (a large frame) that currently is with a gunsmith in Colorado being restored and converted back from rimfire to centerfire (it will end up as a .303 British stalking rifle). I like small frame Martinis.
[Linked Image]I love the little Martini rifles too.
Scoped one is in .223, Bob Snap installed his rimless extractor for it.
The other is in .357 Maximum.

Attached picture 12:14:20 Both Martini copy 2.jpg
Very nice, Dino!
© 24hourcampfire