Home
Does anyone have any reloading information for a T/C Encore 45-70 using Hornady 325 gr. bullets? I have IMR 4198 & Benchmark powders. I've tried 46.0 gr. of IMR 3031 but it appears to be too slow as there was a lot of powder residue in the bore after 3 shots. Looking to try a faster powder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/reloading-data-center?rdc=true&type=54
Un burned powder is common in straight sided and near straight sided cases. 458 and 444 Marlin shooters find this out if they ever shoot over fresh snow. But if it shoots well, So What ? An accurate gun (check) in and accurate chambering (check) the last component is the loose nut behind the trigger. Benchmark is just great in so many mid and small cartridges...ALSO it is right in the sweet spot of burning rate for big straight cases. We never had light bullets to work with but 4064 and 400 grain bullets were deadly, precise and a real wake up...recoil wise!
You might do well to try Imr 4227 and keep velocities in the mid teens, my Encore 45-70 was pretty buckish.
Thank you.
Thank you.
© 24hourcampfire