Home
Have a Ruger No. 1 California Highway Patrol Commemorative rifle in .357 Magnum, in a matching (CHP logo) canvas soft case. Rifle is unfired.

I'm having a problem coming up with a realistic value/sale price. True Gun Value has no matching listing, and I've only been able to find a couple of 'sold' record on Guns America; one went for $1200, and another for $2150.

What are your thoughts on value?
I would think closer to the latter figure, heck maybe higher being what it is. Pretty rare gun, especially in unfired condition.
If truly unfired, no safe dings or scratches, and the original box & paperwork, then I'd think north of $2k, if you put it on GB.

Edit to add - nice wood? plain wood? Most of the .357s I've seen have fairly plain wood.
I would start at 2500 and see if you have takers
No.1’s have gone up a good bit in the last two years.
I’ve seen some with desirable points go over double what they brought just a year or two ago.
Nicely figured walnut, original box and docks, condition of course, and rare cartridges all are ‘pluses’ that can escalate the value.
Having a particular model No.1 that two or more people want… the sky’s the limit!
BTW: It’s feared that we may have seen the last of production already! (Hope not!)
I saw a CHP No. 1 sale at a firearms auction within the last year. If I remember correctly, it ended up just under $2,000. It was like new, but no box.
Thank you all! Your input really helps me get a better sense of what I can ask for it.
© 24hourcampfire