Home
Posted By: skeen Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/29/23
Cabela's down in Texas bought out a closing Buda, TX gun store's inventory, to include 8 Ruger No #1's in .250 savage.

They have been customized with case colored receivers and scroll work by Tyler Gun Works.

Seems like a good deal @$1799.

Ruger No #1 .250 Savage customized by TGW

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: skeen Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/29/23
Though I'm not necessarily a No #1 guy, I did buy a Tyler Gun Works' customized Ruger Blackhawk from the same store's inventory and the Fort Worth store shipped it at no cost to Cabela's Kansas City.

The customized Ruger Blackhawks moved quickly. I suspect the No #1's will too.
Posted By: Alaninga Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/29/23
Wow! Thanks!
Posted By: Alaninga Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/29/23
I’m surprised to see plain walnut on a custom run of rifles when they went to the trouble of sending metal parts to Tyler. Price would have increased but the gun would still be desirable to acquire!
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/30/23
Yes I grabbed one myself a week ago.

These were originally made for Los Cazadores, which is a high-end outfitter that has a couple stores in Texas. I've emailed both them and Tyler Gun Works, as far as how many were made, and didn't get an answer.

They have 24" barrels, versus the normal 22" for a #1A, so they are a little more interesting, besides the case colors & engraving.
Posted By: skeen Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/30/23
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Yes I grabbed one myself a week ago.

These were originally made for Los Cazadores, which is a high-end outfitter that has a couple stores in Texas. I've emailed both them and Tyler Gun Works, as far as how many were made, and didn't get an answer.

They have 24" barrels, versus the normal 22" for a #1A, so they are a little more interesting, besides the case colors & engraving.

Good deal!
Posted By: TBigBuck Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/30/23
I contacted Tyler Gun works a couple of days ago and spoke with them...hard to get a hold of them, they are swamped with work.. They made a run of approximately 50 each in the 250 Savage and 6.5 Swede.calibers, so not real common calibers in todays market, which I prefer, so not everyone has one. They told me that Cabela's got most of them to sell. They do look nice, They are hand engraved and case colored by Tyler Gun works.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/30/23
Originally Posted by TBigBuck
I contacted Tyler Gun works a couple of days ago and spoke with them...hard to get a hold of them, they are swamped with work.. They made a run of approximately 50 each in the 250 Savage and 6.5 Swede.calibers, so not real common calibers in todays market, which I prefer, so not everyone has one. They told me that Cabela's got most of them to sell. They do look nice, They are hand engraved and case colored by Tyler Gun works.

Well, for a run of 50 I might have to oil it up and stick it in the safe. Mine did come with the original box, too. smile
Posted By: Kurgan Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 07/31/23
What a score. Just gorgeous and a handy calibre too!
Posted By: Border Doc Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 08/01/23
A beautiful rifle in a very interesting chambering. I received a package from Midsouth earlier today with 100 pieces of 250 Savage brass, already primed, says Hornady on the case head. A good deal for hard-to-find cases.

The FN Mauser awaits.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 08/01/23
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by TBigBuck

Well, for a run of 50 I might have to oil it up and stick it in the safe. Mine did come with the original box, too. smile
Shut up and shoot it !
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Ruger No #1 .250 Savage - 08/02/23
Originally Posted by Alaninga
I’m surprised to see plain walnut on a custom run of rifles when they went to the trouble of sending metal parts to Tyler. Price would have increased but the gun would still be desirable to acquire!
I totally agree with this. VERY plain wood on a custom rifle. I have a #1 in 250 Savage it's a great gun and accurate as well.
Very cool! I don’t own a Ruger #1 but someday I will have to remedy that!
© 24hourcampfire