Home
Very cool 1885. Bore was excellent. Octagon barrel with very little bluing. Sights were replaced with Marble’s. Receiver had decent bluing. Nice wood with checkering. With the lack of bluing on the barrel and good wood and receiver bluing I walked away. $700
You can't post this without pics.
Just sayin'

grin
I didnt take pics. Didnt want to appear too excited incase I change my mind.

T4
Ifn' it was a real 1885 Winchester (not Miroku) in original condition with a good bore then you should change your mind!

My 1885 .45-70 with not so great bore I was happy to give almost double what you walked away from.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
It was real and had a good bore. The 2 tone and newer wood threw me.
Who cares about overall condition?🙂 Seriously, the action alone, if in sound condition is worth way more than that considering that an MVA action costs twice that amount. Go back and buy it and flip it, unless of course you shoot it first and discover you should keep it.
We need pictures when you pick it up.
I want it!
I might pick it up.
If you don’t, share the location. grin
I paid $1800.00 for a 1885 - shipped 1895 low wall 38/40 the rifle has no repairs - cracks or looks like a screw was never no disturbed . I bought the gun from the same shop I bought my 1886 , the low wall was sold to me 2 years back the rifle is a fantastic 100 yard shooter .
Were you drunk, or just crazy?😛
Had one , was a shooter . Mine was just too nice to carry in the woods .
Sold it back to the guy I bought it from , he was happy to get it back and I had added a luepold 1-6 30mm tube to it
Shot really well
Kenneth
I love single shot rifles, especially old Winchesters. I woulda grinned all the way home with it.
I would have been on that one like a dog on a bone.
© 24hourcampfire