Home
My buddy Jeff just posted this in another forum here, and now I want one...in 6.5x57R...thanks... grin.

[Linked Image]

BRNO Effect, from the CZ website.

Dennis
Dennis,

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that... AND, I'm gonna pretend that I don't know either you or Jeff... smile grin blush

Edw
He takes the bait...! And strikes it so hard he sets the hook himself...!

I confess...this may be the first time I made a post where I could legitimately be accused of trolling... grin.

I hope CZUSA is at MDF or RMEF...because I want to drool on one too.

Pretend all you want, pal...you're hooked now...just like me and Jeff. We're all gonna be hanging on the stringer soon...
laugh.

Dennis

ps...forgot to post the pic of the half-stock model...
[Linked Image]
Omigod. In love again!

Lose the hog back rear stock and I'd be robbing 7-11s for one.

By the way Muledeer, The CZ site I have acces to does not show this model. How do you call it up?

1B
Originally Posted by 1B

Lose the hog back rear stock and I'd be robbing 7-11s for one.

Fixed it, if you squint a bit to blur the line.

Attached picture 12058-BRNOEffect.jpg
1B

Try: http://www.czub.cz/index.php? 2&idp=3&ids=10&idz=220&lang=en

I suspect that you're trying the CZ-USA website.

Grasshopper
Originally Posted by muledeer
He takes the bait...! And strikes it so hard he sets the hook himself...!

I confess...this may be the first time I made a post where I could legitimately be accused of trolling... grin.

Pretend all you want, pal...you're hooked now...just like me and Jeff. We're all gonna be hanging on the stringer soon...
laugh .

Dennis

ps...forgot to post the pic of the half-stock model...
[Linked Image]

I'll take the half-stock model in 8x57JRS, or perhaps 7x65R or What-the-Heck? Maybe both... blush

PS: That was cruel....(Spoken with a mouth full of bait and ugly hole in my lip...) grin
I love to see some good digitals of the action and stock details.
Also the scope mounting system.

Anyone come up with a $$$$ for this piece?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bruce
Always glad to help a brother out! I'm sure intrigued.

Jeff
Damn...I was hoping to end my gun buying by March so I could go hunting this fall...I've got 4 guns on Layaway now and 3 on order. But,I gota have one of these...6.5x57R!!!

Did I miss something? Are these finally available stateside now?
Jeff saw them on display at the CZUSA booth at SCI, and apparently they will be coming to the USA. Another poster noted that they are currently available in Canada.

Dennis

ps...if I buy one, can I hire you to make a new, American-style buttstock for it grin?
Very Nice.

I'll take one in 308.

BMT
This is fantastic news. When converting the price a couple years ago, I was plesently surprised... I hope it stays comparable. If so, I will definately be purchasing one in 6.5x57R and making a stock set for it. If it looks good, we'll work something out, Dennis wink
I very much like the stock's I think a pair of them in 8 mauser and 22 lr would make me smile.
I'll take a half stock with both 8x57JRS and 7x65R barrels, each with Leupold 1.75-6x32 scopes.

I used to only like falling blocks and bolt guns. But when young I dreamed of living somewhere I could shoot elk and muleys off my back porch. As I near retirement and know "that ain't gonna happen". So break down stalking rifles, double rifles, and drillings that travel conveniently look better and better.

This is my first post here. I'm from Texas but work in Saudi Arabia. The Saudi gov't blocks all gun related sites they discover, including forums, so I'm lucky to have stumbled on this one that's not blocked.

If anyone has electronic copies of magazine articles or catalogs about stalking rifles (from TCR-83 to Heym), entry level double rifles (Chapuis, Merkel, Heym), drillings (pre-war or current), or takedown boltguns or falling blocks, please email them to me if you have time.

I've got a 16ga & 8x57JR drilling I've had about 20 years. I'm planning to get a Chapuis UGEX 9.3x74R with spare 20 ga barrels as soon as I can get measured for the stock. This BRNO Effect with the two barrels I mentioned would really round out my battery for stateside hunting.

Brazos_Jack
Oh my... and I was doing so well saving up toward a Merkel....
No matter what you've saved toward a Merkel...you're closer to a BRNO... grin.

Dennis
What do these critters fetch in Canada?
Thanks Chris
We're checking on that...

Dennis
Originally Posted by muledeer
We're checking on that...

Dennis

While you are at it could you please post where they are being sold up here?...I have been hounding Epps for over a year and watching other dealer websites up here to no avail...Thanks
According to what was posted on the "Ask the Gunwriters" forum, Dave Campbell 416-675-1322 at London Arms is an importer of the BRNO Effect.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis
Did anyone notice scope mounting? D&T,bases,QR's ??
Oh my goodness! I would really like to have one of these in 8x57! I would like either the fullstock or the halfstock, both are gorgeous, and scream to be pointed at deer and hogs..
This needs to go away.I look at it every night.I am almost gun broke.........LOL
so does anyone have a ball park idea of what the prices will run?
i've looked through this whole thread and still can't find a price. i want one in .308 W
Some on another forum (can't remember which one) mentioned an MSRP of around $1600 USD. I'm guessing that means a street price of $1000-$1200 USD.

Anyone else seen any projected U.S. pricing info?

Brazos Jack
holy crap, i'll be buying a ruger!
Yes, I love Rugers too. I use to have a 1B in .270 Win.

But I need a traveling rifle for game up to large mule deer out to maybe 275yds that can break down and fit into a small 26" to 30" long luggage style case.

So the Ruger is out. I need a 6.5x57R or 7x65R "kipplauf". So this Effect would fill the bill nicely. I just wish it were going to be available with interchangeable barrels, but I have heard that it will not be. I suppose the necessary machining tolerances to pull this off is beyond the capabilities of CZ/BRNO.

Brazos Jack
It appears to weigh less than Ruger by a pound or more and comes in 6.5x57R...I'm good with the difference in price.I would like to see the scope mounting,I think a 6X42 is right.......rifle
All I can say is I missed those, I was too busy drooling and fondling Blasers......and a Merkel.....but the former really was nice. You'll have to pass the 7-11 and rob Brinks to pay for one though....heck get 2 or 3.
Originally Posted by rifle
It appears to weigh less than Ruger by a pound or more and comes in 6.5x57R...I'm good with the difference in price.I would like to see the scope mounting,I think a 6X42 is right.......rifle

A 6.5x57 is probably the caliber I'd go for first.

Some one on another forum from Canada that already had one in .30-06 said that the scope mounting was "the normal BRNO 16 mm dovetail"

I like the looks of the half stock. The full stock looks ugly. Usually I like full Mannlicher style stocks. It took me a while to figure it out. The barrel on both is the same length and it is inappropriately long for a Mannlicher style stock. Both have 60cm/23.6" barrels. On the Blaser K95, the half stock has a 60cm/23.6" barrel and the full Mannlicher stock model has a 50cm/19.7" barrel that looks much more appropriate with that style stock.

Brazos Jack
A friend of mine has a good buddy that works for CZ-USA here in KC. He thought they'd be aroudn $2k-$3k. I do like them. From what I understand, that stock is designed to reduce and manage recoil. This same friend of mine has shot a CZ with the European style stock and says the recoil is definitely less noticeable. Hopefully I'll be able to swing a CZ 550 Safari Magnum in 375 H&H here soon.
Originally Posted by Heeler
A friend of mine has a good buddy that works for CZ-USA here in KC. He thought they'd be aroudn $2k-$3k. I do like them. From what I understand, that stock is designed to reduce and manage recoil. This same friend of mine has shot a CZ with the European style stock and says the recoil is definitely less noticeable. Hopefully I'll be able to swing a CZ 550 Safari Magnum in 375 H&H here soon.

Heeler,

This contradicts everything I've seen. For that kind of money you can get a Blaser or Merkel. A guy from Canada on another forum reported the price there was 1400 CDN, which is about $1140 USD. He reported paying less for one he found in .30-06 but didn't say how much less. Saw elsewhere that the US MSRP would be $1600 with an expected street price in the $1000-$1200 range.

If your friend is right, I predict they won't sell any. But I really doubt that he is correct.

Brazos Jack
Brazos_Jack, yes, you are correct. I stand corrected on the amount. That was his initial guess. He did send me some info saying the MSRP would be about $1,600.
I hadn't heard a lot about this line of rifles and was just going off of what he was saying. Sorry for the confusion.
I really, really want one (or more) of these.

Problem is that even though I think it�s made in all the appropriate calibers - 6.5x57R, 7x57R, 7x65R, & 8x57JRS � I�ve heard that the num nuts at CZUSA are planning to only import it in a handful of rimless American calibers like .308 & .30-06.

I'm really hoping that CZUSA can be persuaded to import these in the appropriate metric calibers such as 6.5x57R, 7x57R, 7x65R, and 8x57JRS. I think that the rimless extractor on this thing is less that stellar and rimless U.S. calibers aren't really the market for this style rifle anyway. I also think the more powerful rimmed cartridges like the .30R Blaser, 8x75R and 9.3x74R are inappropriate in a light European style stalking rifle. They'd kick like a Missouri mule. In fact I'll bet the .30-06 is a bit emphatic in that department.

I'm planning to email and/or call CZUSA to try to convince them that the real market for a European style kipplauf in this price range is in rimmed European calibers. I just have to hope that CZ USA can be convinced to realize that the market for an $1100 to $1200 break open single shot European stalking rifle is not for .308's and .30-06's. I think anyone interested in an '06 single will not see a reason to pay several hundred over the cost of a Ruger No1 for this.

I hope any of you that are interested will contact CZUSA and tell them what calibers you are interested in.

Their site is blocked where I am right now, but I managed to get their contact info off Google:

CZ-USA
P.O. Box 171073
Kansas City, KS 66117-0073
E-mail: [email protected]
1 800 955-4486
(913) 321-1811
(913) 321-2251
www.cz-usa.com/about_contacts.php

Brazos Jack
Not so fast Jack on the $1000.00 - $1200.00 price...Last year when I was researching these rifles the price was given in euro's on the CZUB (europe) website and the price in euro's would have worked out to around $850.00 - $900.00...I see now CZUB don't list their price....The US $ is up quite a bit since this time last year........
Brazos_Jack,
I received my 2009 CZ-USA catalog yesterday. The BRNO effect is chambered in only 30-06 like you had previously mentioned and the MSRP is indeed $1586. So, if you go with an average of 20% off that price, that would make them sell in most stores for around $1,250.
The $1250 street price I might be able to go for - in 6.5x57R. In .30-06 - thanks but no thanks.

Unless CZ USA pulls their head out and grasps that the market for $1000+ break action Euro style stalking rifles is not rimless U.S. calibers like .30-06, they won't sell many (if any). That market will buy the T/C or Ruger. The purist willing to pay $300 over the cost of a Ruger to get a Euro style kipplaufbuchse will insist on a rimmed metric caliber.

I've seen close up photo's of the rimless extractor for the Effect and its iffy at best.

Sabatti in Italy makes a stalking rifle that sells for about 1400 Euro. From that I would assume a U.S. MSRP of about $1800.00. So a street price maybe $200 more than the BRNO Effect. If this rifle has a U.S. importer, if he imports it in the rimmed metric calibers, and if it supports interchangeable barrels, which BRNO does not, then the Sabatti Kipplaufbuchse may represent a better deal.

Does anyone know if the Sabatti is imported into the U.S.?

I can't believe that CZ USA is going to screw up an opportunity like this. If they'd offer the Effect in rimmed meric calibers here they'd sell 4 for every 1 either Blaser or Merkel sells. Corporate stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Brazos Jack

P.S. Heeler - can you scan in and email me the CZ USA catalog pages on the Effect?
© 24hourcampfire