Home
Does Pachmyer make a decelerator pre-fit pad for a Ruger No. 1? or do you need to get one of the grind-to-fit pads? Also, do they make any in red, rather than black?

Mad Dog
can't answer your question as to a pre fit but the last time i needed a red pad it was only available in the medium size.
maddog,

Pachmayr does not make a pre-fit for a Ruger #1, AFAiK. Yes RED decelerator pads are available from Brownell's. I don't like to put them on #1's because they require that the stock must be cut... Unless you are 7 ft tall and have gorilla arms...

I have one on a #1 that was already shortened when I purchased it. Looks real nice. Hope this helps...

GH
Well, I won't do anything until the gun gets here, and I shoot it a few times. I've got a fairly long LOP. I'm just checking ahead on a lot of things.

maddog
This Decelerator pad was on my .375 which I purchased used. It works great!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I suspect it was a grind-to-fit pad, and the installation looks good.
Guy, SWEET! That is probably what I'll be looking for on the Ruger no. 1.

maddog
Here's a pic of the Red decelerator I had installed on my #1 in 450/400. It is a 1" pad and I didn't have the stock cut so the LOP increased by .5". I don't find this to be a problem and I am only 5' 11" with average length arms. I like the longer LOP for off-hand shooting, which is all I do with this gun.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Oregon45, was that a grind to fit, or a pre fit pad, also what size?

maddog
Medium size, grind to fit.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=968953
I just saved that link, and will contact them, when I get the rifle.

maddog
© 24hourcampfire