Home
Ruger #1, a tad on the heavy side, love the rifle.

Thinking of adding a #1A to complement the H&H.

Not interested in a .270 or '06 as I have those calibers completely covered in the bolt battery.

Thinking of a 6.5x55 or a .308 when they arrive...
Stick with the classic calibers and get a 7x57.
Skip Bosslady's advice and go with the 276 Rigby or you could go with a REAL little brother as in a 244H&H.

RH
get the new .303 British...it has a lot of panache...grin

maddog
Great caliber......also have that covered in a bolt action......
My 3 No.1 I use for about everything is the 405 Winchester,300 H&H and a 7x57.I load 300 gr.Barnes and 400 gr Woodleigh in my .405 win, 168 gr Barnes and 200 gr Grand slams in my 300 H&H.My 7x57 shoots best with 145 gr. Winchester PP factory loads.
My other Ruger No.1 is a stainless 25/06 that shoots the Hornady light mag. great.I just bought a Ruger No.1 6.5x55 that I have not shot yet but am sure it will fit good with the family.
Originally Posted by BossLady

Wow, you didnt get many miles out of your allotted post for the day, doosher.
Make the 300 the little brother and get a 450 Nitro to show it the way.
Patrick, why don't you sell me that 6.5x55? grin

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the Swede in a single shot.

The round is too long for a short action, too short for a long action (6.5-06 would be a better use of a long action). Seems like a #1 would allow the bullets to be seated as long as possible without worrrying about magazine length.
AK, when the Japanese get those wooly mammoths cloned, I may just have to do that! wink
Mines going to be a squirrel gun.. It'll work just fine! laugh
AkMike1,

I've gone through several Number Ones over the past few years to get just the right combo. It turned out to be a matched pair of Boddingtons in 300 H&H and 450 Nitro. Couldn't be happier!

Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by BossLady

Wow, you didnt get many miles out of your allotted post for the day, doosher.

LMFAO...........
© 24hourcampfire