Home
Posted By: Patrick_James Ruger No.1 264 win. mag - 10/04/11
Been wanting a Ruger no.1 in this caliber for quite a while. I was fortunate to find one with this wood. IMO Rugers no.1's are getting better and better.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Armymark Re: Ruger No.1 264 win. mag - 10/04/11
Patrick, what a score you have there, nicely done! Patience is a virtue and you have one nice rifle there. Show us some of the forestock, A 1B I presume?
Very nice!

Still kicking myself for passing one of those 264s up. If it had been stocked like yours I probably would'nt have been able to resist.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Ruger No.1 264 win. mag - 10/04/11
I will own one of these exact rifles in the near future. Just a matter of time.

This year I bought another lefty M70 just in time to see a 1B .264 come up for sale and I couldn't afford it. Hopefully next year will be different.

Congrats on some beautiful wood and (IMO) a very alluring cartridge.

By the way, my #1 Swede looks about like that on one side of the butt. However the other side is not quite as attractive.
yes the 264 is a very interesting cartridge. I can't wait to start reloading for it. Factory ammo is sure hard to find.The wood in the butt stock as about the same on both side,the forearm is very plain.
PJ,
That is absolutely the best wood I have seen on a No.1 made in the last several years! Congratulations.
For those planning to get a 1B in .264, better not tarry; the B has been discontinued and not many were made anyway in the .264 WM.
Posted By: 1B Re: Ruger No.1 264 win. mag - 10/04/11
PJ,

My .264 also has presentable wood -- but many notches below yours. Nice snag!

1B
Thank you.Every once in a while I'm lucky,but not often
Posted By: Armymark Re: Ruger No.1 264 win. mag - 10/04/11
Oh I like the pun on the wood, "nice snag", get it? whistle
© 24hourcampfire