Home
Posted By: riverpines CPA Shuttleworth rifle - 04/29/12
Been looking at a CPA Shuttleworth SS rifle. Does anyone here have experience with this rifle? I already own (2) C. Sharps 1874's (1) Shiloh and (2) high walls , looking for something a little different.
Posted By: rhbrink Re: CPA Shuttleworth rifle - 04/29/12
I have bought two actions from CPA and had a custom barrel installed one has a 32-40 and also a 22 rimfire barrel with a matching rimfire breech block. The other has a 38-55 barrel installed I haven't decided yet on another switch barrel for it if ever. Both shoot very well all cast bullet stuff. Both are excellent shooters and never had a problem with either and would highly recomend one to anyone interested.

Richard
Posted By: 65X54 Re: CPA Shuttleworth rifle - 04/29/12
In about 1992 or so, I had Paul make me up a copy of my model 52 stevens/pope. Instead of 32-40 it was a two barrel set of 25-20ss & 28-30. It came out pretty darned close & has never given a problem. Ther internals are not quite exact but close enough. Right now I don't even remember what the difference were between it and the originals but noting earth shattering.
Posted By: ssdave Re: CPA Shuttleworth rifle - 04/29/12
Very good dependable rifles, and nice people to work with. They are not the fit and finish of a Shiloh, but neither is the price. If you want the semi-custom quality of a Shiloh, you won't be happy with them. If you want a well made, dependable rifle at a reasonable price, you weill be very pleased. My opinion, they are a bargain for the quality you get for the price.

dave
Posted By: jim62 Re: CPA Shuttleworth rifle - 04/29/12
Originally Posted by ssdave
Very good dependable rifles, and nice people to work with. They are not the fit and finish of a Shiloh, but neither is the price. If you want the semi-custom quality of a Shiloh, you won't be happy with them. If you want a well made, dependable rifle at a reasonable price, you weill be very pleased. My opinion, they are a bargain for the quality you get for the price.

dave

Actually, the workmanship on the finished rifles are as good as the Shilohs.. And actualy more expensive(2k+).

Most folks have never even seen a rifle that was completed by Shuttelworth themselves because in the last 10 yeas most of their rifles are sold unfinished to get around federal excise taxes.

And, most of the home finishing jobs certainly are not the quality of a factory finished Shiloh..
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: CPA Shuttleworth rifle - 04/30/12
Would be an interesting choice. At their website they describe some of the features. The action is a little thicker than the original 44 1/2's, so it can be used with bigger cartridges.
Posted By: riverpines Re: CPA Shuttleworth rifle - 04/30/12
Gentlemen: Thanks for the input. Pete Yuro
© 24hourcampfire