Home
Posted By: BigSkyGuy A couple of gun show No. 1's - 04/29/12
I attended the Great Falls gunshow over the weekend and found a couple No. 1's that I decided I needed...

The first one I found is a 131 prefixed 1B in .280 Rem. I never really drank the .280 koolaid, but it has decent wood and is marked .280 Rem or 7mm Exp. It also came with a set of off-set rings, and for $725 I figured I should add it to the collection.

The second is an RSI in .270 Win that has better than decent wood. I own plenty of
No. 1's, but I've never had an RSI before. I figure that I should remedy that situation and traded a pistol that I never used anyway. I found a nice old Leupold M7 3x with a little purpling that matches the receiver nicely. Mounted it up with a set of low rings and it really looks good!

I will try to get some pictures posted up later.

Todd
That's a good deal on the .280! Looking forward to seeing the photos.
Originally Posted by BigSkyGuy
I attended the Great Falls gunshow over the weekend and found a couple No. 1's that I decided I needed...

The first one I found is a 131 prefixed 1B in .280 Rem. I never really drank the .280 koolaid, but it has decent wood and is marked .280 Rem or 7mm Exp. It also came with a set of off-set rings, and for $725 I figured I should add it to the collection.

That is a really good deal! I've been offered considerably more for mine.Have only seen one other in many years of gun shows but it looked like it was a truck gun.

[Linked Image]
Todd,

I have only seen three #1's in .280 Rem. Two of them were the double stamped ones. (7mm Rem Exp or .280 Rem) I owned one and my buddy owns the other... smile

A couple of years ago, I was "thinning the herd" and sold almost all of my 1-B's. My reasoning was that they were too long and too heavy... I sold mine on GUNBROKER for $925 (IIRC). So I'd say you did well on yours... Incicently, mine was serial #132-403xx... I bought it in 1995. I figure on replacing it with a #1-AH in 7x65R. smile (In fact, I already have dies and 5 boxes of factory fodder and 100 pcs of brass... smile )

GH
Very nice!!!
Congrats.

I'm always looking for some purdy pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I can't seem to get my photobucket account to sync up with my smart phone. It's driving me batty! I can't get my pictures rotated, so you will have to forgive me.

Here is the little RSI in .270 Win. Pretty nice wood, and in really good shape!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] have just about had it with this phone AND photobucket! Here is a pic of the .280 Rem. I'm trying to post a shot of the caliber stamping, but I'm failing miserably!

Todd
Posted By: rifle Re: A couple of gun show No. 1's - 05/01/12
It's OK,I just turned my screen upside down,,good stuff!
Posted By: jt402 Re: A couple of gun show No. 1's - 05/01/12
Turn your phone upside down? (Where there ie a will, there is a way.) I have looked at a lot of guns upside down. They look the same rotated 180. LOL, jack
© 24hourcampfire