Home
Has anybody here purchased one of the Lipsey's K!A 6.5x55 rifles? I got one and it had a defective chamber. Brass came out rough, almost polygonal shaped. Am I the only one?
I've got a blued 1A in 6.5x55 without said defect.
I too have the blued version--no issues.

I missed the boat on the stainless run.

I know...not much help.
My K1A is okay, I'll look up the serial number tonight and send you a p.m.
Flyer
Mine is ok with no problems.
Mine is OK, no problems. RJ
Call Ruger customer service and tell them about it. I am sure that they will want to look at it. If it's really bad (and it sounds like it), they'll fix it right.
My former was ok, Ruger has great C.S. - surprised at your issues, but they will take c/o it.

Nice rifles....mine put 3 130ABs into 1.1" at 200 yds.....
Well, it's been a long time since I posted this, but I finally got a solution from Ruger customer service. Lost my K1A because Ruger could not (or would not) replace the defective barrel. They ended up replacing my rifle with a 454 casull Alaskan revolver and sent me back the stock off of my K1a, but it doesn't quite make up for the loss of the beautiful rifle. If anyone has one for sell I'd love to buy it assuming the changer is good.
Thanks
Wow, that's a pretty severe solution on the part of Ruger.
Posted By: 1B Re: Ruger K1A 6.5x55 Chamber defect - 09/23/13
It will be more common as we go down the road. Ruger does not keep much inventory around anymore so getting a replacement or even a major part is already a crap shoot with any discontinued model. And with #1s seeing extremely limited production each year, the switch to another type firearm as a replacement for a poor out of the box #1 is even more likely to be something totally different.

1B
No defects here, but I'd never sell this one.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SwedeShot
Well, it's been a long time since I posted this, but I finally got a solution from Ruger customer service. Lost my K1A because Ruger could not (or would not) replace the defective barrel. They ended up replacing my rifle with a 454 casull Alaskan revolver and sent me back the stock off of my K1a, but it doesn't quite make up for the loss of the beautiful rifle. If anyone has one for sell I'd love to buy it assuming the changer is good.
Thanks

Did they send the action and other parts as well? Perhaps you could have an aftermarket barrel installed??
I would have asked for said rifle back so I could have it rebarreled.
Had a similar incident in the rarly '90s. A buddy and I bought a pair of the Tropicals in .404 Jeffery. The chamber/dimesions problem with these is well known and documented. Needless to say, they would not go "bang." We sent them back and they kept them for close to 6 months before they finally decided the .404 project was a failure and pulled the plug. They tried to exchange them for another caliber but we protested. Problem was we had spent a small fortune on .404 ammo, brass, bullets and dies and there was of course no other obtainable .404 rifle on the market. We went round and round with them until they finally gave in and refunded our money and bought all the .404 supplies from us. I guess the fact that we were big Ruger dealers and threatened to stop selling Rugers might have helped... Many years later, I bought a CZ .404 and now wish I had kept all that .404 stuff because it was a lot cheaper then than it is now!
Report it stolen.
© 24hourcampfire