Home
Posted By: rattler new book showed up today.... - 02/14/14
not like i can afford anything in it though......gonna have to remeber to wipe up the drool before turning pages crazy hope i run across the rest of the series for a decent price aswell....cant afford them all at the usual going rate of $75 per eek

[Linked Image]
there are indeed some fairly yummy rifles pictured in that book smile
do you have any of the other ones Pat?
No, just the Winchester High Wall book.

I did once own this rifle(the top one), but I wasn't smart enough to keep it frown

[Linked Image]

It's a Field's Patent falling block, .500-450 #1 Blackpowder Express (ya gotta love British cartridge names) very rare rifle. I think one other member here has one.

One of these days I'd like to find an original Fahrquharsen, preferably for under $10K !

keep thinking maybe one of these days ill happen into a Rook Rifle from one of the big name British firms when ive got some money and then i can say ive got a real H&H, Purdey, ect rifle laugh sure in the hell aint gonna be able to afford something like a Fahrquharsen, or something chambered in a DG cartridge....i just dont make enough crazy
Just went to the local gun show yesterday and saw a Ruger #1 in .303 British, Alexander Henry forearm and iron sights......very attractive rifle. I've never yhought seriously abour a #1 or a .303 Brit, but I liked that a bunch.
© 24hourcampfire