Home
Posted By: John_Havard A tidy little package - 07/21/14
Merkel K3 Stutzen in .308 with Skinner Sights takedown case. Group was right out of the box with factory Federal ammo after a bore snake run without a decent front rest. I suspect it can do better with a little work.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_2337.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2338.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2340.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2342.jpg
Attached picture photo.jpg
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: A tidy little package - 07/21/14
Neat rifle. I'm not a fan of full length stocks, but the Merkel and Blaser single shots seem to be very handy light rifles smile
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: A tidy little package - 07/21/14
Very nice package and I especially like your take down case. I have Blaser K95s, one being a Stutzen, and that case is very interesting to me.

Good shooting. What power is your Swaro Z3 scope?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: A tidy little package - 07/21/14
Very nice.

If it were mine (like I could ever afford one), I might go for a smaller scope.

How long is the barrel?
Posted By: John_Havard Re: A tidy little package - 07/21/14
The rifle barrel is 19.7" and the scope is 3-10X with a 42MM objective lens. Pappy, I'm with you on the scope. However, the scope with Merkel quick-detach base/rings and the rifle all came as a package. While the scope is probably a bit larger than what I would have chosen myself it's still pretty light and very handy overall with a total weight of only 6# 7 oz.
Posted By: Rovering Re: A tidy little package - 07/22/14
That's an excellent looking little outfit - portability taken to high art.
What a sweetie....I'd really enjoy having one like that.
Posted By: Ron_T Re: A tidy little package - 07/22/14
Beautiful wood, sweet little rifle, excellent accuracy... a true "gem"... no doubt about it. grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
Posted By: Tejano Re: A tidy little package - 07/22/14
Very nice. The perfect stalking rifle.

Not a fan of the swine back style of comb but when it is part of the entire package it looks appropriate. As does the mannlicher stock and peaked schnabel.

What is the weight and is it an alloy receiver?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: A tidy little package - 07/22/14
I think we can agree to overlook that little problem.

Again, very nice.
Posted By: xzqvvh Re: A tidy little package - 07/22/14
I really like that, very nice. Randy
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: A tidy little package - 07/22/14
[Linked Image]

$2,795.00

Merkel
Posted By: Joe_Kidd Re: A tidy little package - 07/23/14
Got to handle a K3 STUTZEN in 7-08 today at Cabelas, very impressive little gun with the Swaro in the package.
Posted By: geedubya Re: A tidy little package - 07/23/14
[Linked Image]

Beauty and the Beast

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Merkel K1 Jagd Stutzen, 7mm-08

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Merkel K1 Jagd, 9.3 x 74R

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0848_zps9167104a.jpg[/img]

I've been on two elk hunts. One at 9k'-10k' elevation and the other at 7k' elevtion. I carried a Rem 700 Sendero. When I had the opportunity to do a bear hunt with hounds in NM, I decided that at 61 yrs. of age, I wanted something lighter. I've long been fond of Manlicher stocked rifles. I was worried at first that the Stutzen would feel like a toy. Take my word for it, it doesn't. If you get the fat part of your palm between your thumb and index finger caught when closing the action, you will understand what is meant by "locking up like a vise". The K1's have the Recknagel twist mounts. The K3's have the saddle mounts like the Blaser rifles. The rifle can be completely assembled in less than a minute and the scope returns to zero every time with either type mount. I had a 3rd half stock in the K3 in 300 Win Mag, but the recoil was a little more than I thought was enjoyable. It followed someone else down the road. Wonderful, beautiful, accurate rifles that are a joy to own, fondle, carry and shoot.

Best,

GWB

Posted By: Mesa Re: A tidy little package - 07/23/14
If I recall, our member Mule Deer has a Merkel .308, but not a Stutzen. He claims it shoots. I believe him.

That is one classy little bundle!
Posted By: John_Havard Re: A tidy little package - 07/24/14
The weight with scope is 6# 7 oz. The receiver is alloy
Posted By: rnovi Re: A tidy little package - 07/28/14
I've put close to 300 rounds downrange with my K1 in 7mm RM. It regularly shoots 1.25" groups at 200 yards (150gr. E-Tip, 72.5gr. Ramshot Magnum)

[Linked Image]

I used it to take Springbok, Red Hartebeest, Blue & Black Wildebeest, Zebra and Eland. It was an absolute joy to carry and use in the field.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire