Home
Posted By: hclark Found my holy grail! - 01/30/15
Found my Holy Grail:

Browning 1885 LW in 260 Rem, Zeiss Conquest 3-9 & Winchester 1885 LW in 6.5x55, Leupold VariX III 3.5-10; both scopes with German #4 reticle:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: saddlering Re: Found my holy grail! - 01/31/15
Wow those are going to be very hard to top!
Posted By: 21 Re: Found my holy grail! - 01/31/15
Nice!
Posted By: muddy22 Re: Found my holy grail! - 01/31/15
Love my 1885 Hornet, I would sell damn near all of my other guns (numerous) to get either one of those. GO HAWKS!-Muddy
Posted By: bcolorado Re: Found my holy grail! - 01/31/15
Lusting...

Very nice....x2
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Found my holy grail! - 01/31/15
great find. One of those in a .30-30 would also be cool as heck
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Found my holy grail! - 01/31/15
Both are extremely nice, still kicking myself for not buying one of those 260's when they came out. Did not know Winchester chambered the 6.5x55......
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Found my holy grail! - 01/31/15
Be very careful from now on as you go through life.

You have used up all your luck. And maybe some of mine!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/01/15
wow, what a set. I did not know of the Swede chambered in the 1885, either.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/01/15
Great snag, hclark!

I waited a long time to find a Browning .260, and it came along as I was trying to line up a Win in 6.5x55.....

Question:
I heard that the Winchester version low wall has an ejector - not just an extractor like the Browning low wall.

Can you clarify for me?
Posted By: hclark Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/01/15
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Great snag, hclark!

I waited a long time to find a Browning .260, and it came along as I was trying to line up a Win in 6.5x55.....

Question:
I heard that the Winchester version low wall has an ejector - not just an extractor like the Browning low wall.

Can you clarify for me?

It has an extractor like the Browning LW, I think only the Highwalls have an ejector.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/01/15
Originally Posted by hclark
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Great snag, hclark!

Question:

Can you clarify for me?

It has an extractor like the Browning LW, I think only the Highwalls have an ejector.

Right on, and thanks!

You need to go break those beauties in on some exotics now smile

Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/01/15

Browning 1885 LW in 260 Rem & Winchester 1885 LW in 6.5x55

So, how will you decide which to hunt with?
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/02/15
[s][/s]
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I believe you will decide without too much angst. I'll be pleased to help you out and hunt with the other. PM me and I'll give you my shipping address.
Posted By: hclark Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/02/15
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I dunno........, I have a couple of rifles in 6.5x55....and the 260 is new to me....so I'll be working on loads for it first & would like to see it's performance on Whitetail.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/02/15
Shoot em both - one will "talk" to ya!

I had Lee Shaver do a quick trigger job on my .260 and it was a nice improvement.

129 and 140 Hornaday Interlocks run very nicely out of it and are usually both affordable and easy to find..... but you probably already knew that.

My only kill with that rifle is a big cow elk with a single 129. It worked just fine and is probably a perfect bullet for deer size game.

It did an awful lot of meat damage, but I hit her in the shoulder at about 100 yards so that's to be expected...

I'll be running the 140 next time out. A little better for elk size critters and the deer won't mind.
Posted By: hclark Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/02/15
"Shoot em both - one will "talk" to ya!"

Blacktail53, I've been shooting the Browning before I got the Winchester. That Win is going to have to yell at me, that Browning has been whispering sweet little things in my ear already!
Posted By: LouisB Re: Found my holy grail! - 02/23/15
Great combo. Congrats on the find!

I would like one of the LW's in 260, 7-08 or even 257 R or 7X57.

Oh well not gonna search too hard. If I got lucky I may be stuck making a decision at that point.
© 24hourcampfire