Home
Posted By: Brittman Dakota Arms Model 10 rifles? - 05/08/15
Hey guys,
I'm looking at a nice Dakota Arms Model 10 rifle for sale. Is there anything good, bad or indifferent about them that I should know?
I know they are not cheap, but I know that going in. Thanks for any answers to my questions, I appreciate it!
Brittman
Member: NRA Bene. Life - VFW Life (Vietnam era veteran)
They are lovely rifles, though I think the wood is sometimes over-graded on them. They are slim and elegant, with no exposed screws. I have read that they will break firing pins if dry-fired without snap caps, so invest in same.

A few years ago there was one I saw in 7mm Dakota for sale, for a little over $3k. But I just could not quite swing it at the time. If you get one of the Dakota cartridges, stock up on brass, as they only run them occasionally.
Beautifully made, relatively light (VERY light when compared to a Ruger #1, and I've owned both), point like a dream, extractor (NOT ejector), accurate, the firing pin issue is old news and corrected, and you will wonder why it took you so long to own one. What caliber and in what configuration?
tex n cal & HEB330,

Thanks guys for the comeback, I appreciate it! I am looking @ one in 250/3000 Sav. - used, but not abused, as they say. It is the standard model in great condition. Looks nice!

Brittman
Posted By: bigJ Re: Dakota Arms Model 10 rifles? - 05/16/15
What kind of money does a used standard grade bring these days?
I have this pair, a 223 and 280. Love them, light and VERY accurate. My fair weather carry varminter and deer / antelope rifle. Buy it if you can swing it, you won't be sorry.
[Linked Image]
Beautimous rifles right there!

Mike
I think i need one of those...

ML
6MMWASP,

Beautiful rifles, sir!
Posted By: Biebs Re: Dakota Arms Model 10 rifles? - 06/18/15
Mark at First Stop in Rapid City SD often has Model 10 rifles in the $2,999 range, and up. He lists on Guns America. Great guy to deal with.
6MMWASP words are pure and Biebs is spot on regarding Mark at First Stop; he is a first class guy. My pair in 270 WIN and 375 H&H:

Attached picture Dakota Pair 270 WIN 375 HH (337x640).jpg
Posted By: Biebs Re: Dakota Arms Model 10 rifles? - 06/28/15
Hank, nice set of rifles!
Spectacular HEB
WASP, Thanks. Now all I need is a 223 like yours to round out my battery.
I'd trade the 223 for a proven 25-06, 270 Win or 280 Rem Model 10.
Thanks for your comments, guys, I appreciate it! I missed the Model 10 @ the recent auction so will contact Mark @First Stop shortly.
Brittman
© 24hourcampfire