Home
Posted By: Stoneybroke KP1 Trigger - 10/28/15
I have a Knight KP1 with the recalled trigger. This rifle in 45-70 is accurate, but difficult to shoot offhand because the trigger is pretty bad-heavy pull and lots of creep. Anybody know of a smith to rework this trigger?
Posted By: FastXD Re: KP1 Trigger - 11/13/15
I have a KP1 trigger assembly that has been worked I will sell you for $50 if I can find it
Posted By: Stoneybroke Re: KP1 Trigger - 11/13/15
If you find that trigger, I'd be interested. Is your trigger the one with the secondary safety?
Posted By: FastXD Re: KP1 Trigger - 11/16/15
I have the trigger. trigger still has the creep but probably about 3-4 lbs pull. Not a lot that you can do with it and this was worked by one of the engineers at Knight.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stoneybroke Re: KP1 Trigger - 11/16/15
PM on the way
Posted By: Stoneybroke Re: KP1 Trigger - 05/26/16
Pradco is doing Knight KP1 warranty work. I sent the rifle to Branch at Pradco to replace/repair the trigger. It now has lots of take-up-two stage like a mauser, but that sucker breakes like glass at 2.5 lbs.
Posted By: tmitch Re: KP1 Trigger - 05/26/16
Speaking of the KP1, I wonder what happened to the KPX the new Knight company was going to bring out? It was pictured in their 2014 catalog and introduced at the shot show but never materialized.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: KP1 Trigger - 05/27/16
Don't know. I was waiting for that one.
Posted By: Stoneybroke Re: KP1 Trigger - 05/27/16
Something is going on at Knight. Their muzzleloader prices have gone through the roof. I doubt we will ever see the KPX. IMO they poisened the well with a KP1 that wasn't ready for prime time.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: KP1 Trigger - 05/28/16
Don't recall all the details, but I believe the original company was sold to someone else who tried all kinds of new stuff that didn't quite "get there". A few years back, someone else took over and trimmed the line and the company down a lot.

I bought an Ultra Lite in 2014 and it's first class in every way; sort of a ML Montana. Nothing cast, all made in the U.S. Some don't like the bolt action, but it works very well and ease of cleaning is not much of an issue with BH209. All in, with scope, it's less than 7lbs. I have yet to drop the hammer on anything with it, but my sons killed three deer the first season, including a big boy that went 172 dressed.

The price reflects the quality. I paid $700 for mine from Sportsmans Guide, who passed the order to Knight, who made the rifle to order and drop-shipped it to me. The small size of the staff means that it can take a while for orders to get filled.

Originally, I was going to get a Western ignition kit (caps) for my rifle, but caps cost more than primers and can be hard to find, so I'm just going to get a couple of spare breechplugs and call it good.
Posted By: Stoneybroke Re: KP1 Trigger - 05/28/16
Today, the Ultra lite lists for just north of $1100.00!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: KP1 Trigger - 05/28/16
Dang!
© 24hourcampfire