Home
Posted By: buckhorn Opinions on CVA Scout V2? - 03/23/16
Thinking of picking up one of these rifles for fun. In particular, the .300 Blackout version with the short threaded barrel. Anyone have any experience with one of these rifles? Appears to be an Apex that can't switch barrels. But no first hand experience with an Apex either. Thanks
Posted By: jobyjob Re: Opinions on CVA Scout V2? - 03/24/16
I have what they call the "Hunter" now. Blue, synthetic, 16" barrel in 300 Blackout. I absolutely love this rifle. It is extremely accurate out to the 150 to 200 yard range I use it for. The factory trigger is perfect for hunting, and I have owned countless rifles costing multiple times what this one cost.

I only shoot supersonic ammo out of it. For me it's a treestand/ground blind deer rifle for hunting in timber. Great for coyote calling, too.

So light and handy. I highly recommend these for anyone of any age, size or gender.
Posted By: buckhorn Re: Opinions on CVA Scout V2? - 03/30/16
Checked out the Hunter version which would seem to work as well. The Scout is stainless which is one benefit. Not sure if the different style of action levers makes any real difference.
For the money, guess I really can't go wrong trying one out. My only other thought is to go with something like the Ruger American Ranch rifle instead. Completely different rifle of course but would serve the same general purpose.
© 24hourcampfire