Home
Sold on Gunbroker for $842
(not my auction)

[Linked Image]

Link to ended auction

If these came with classy wood I think they would go for $1500
Did the RSI ever have classy wood?
Yes. Once upon a time.
Never cared for those much; always preferred the ones with AH forends, but they've been growing on me of late.

Must be my Oldtimers' kickin' in.
[img:left]http://[Linked Image][/img]

I've posted this pic before, but since I'm in photobucket anyway.....
Pretty wood and a nice deer. Well done.
Yes I see some do but sadly not mine.
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Yes I see some do but sadly not mine.

The wood on my 1984 .243 RSI is good but not great

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by pabucktail
[img:left]http://[Linked Image][/img]

I've posted this pic before, but since I'm in photobucket anyway.....

Love a Sitka
I was looking at one in 7x57 yesterday. The wood looked like the one shown above by b1313. that seems like a classic match up.

The one thing I dont like is the front sling thing. It maybe historically ok, but just too ugly. It is a little detail, but; I ;look and look at these RSI and it just bugs me.

Any, seeing a 7x57 has be thinking once again.
It's a traditional type sling attachment of the type which was once used on German jager full stock rifles. With a sling attached it's not noticeable.

Steelhead, that buck was a fun one. He came into the call and I shot him coming at me from about 20 yards away. 220gr Hornady raked him and took off for parts unknown.
When they are easy, they are easy. I love it when the come to the call.

There is nothing better than chasing those orange horned bastards.
One is for sale at my LGS for $1200 if I remember correctly. The wood is not very attractive on it, either.
The guns looks fine with a nice quality leather sling. I hunt with a nylon sling in my pocket and only sling the gun to walk out or while dragging a deer. A sling while hunting is extra weight and potential tangle. No sling, leaves the front sling loop to rattle around and even ding up the stock. I see a fair amount of dinged up front stocks on the rack. They ship new with a foam protector.

If you look at No1 photos it is extremely rare a No1 that has a sling unless it is an RSI, where there is always a sling.

I am still very tempted to get the 7x57. If I still had a payroll check instead of social insecurity I might have gone the impulse route already.
You might be onto something......my RSI wears a Bucheimer sling, all the time. My old #1 B I hunted with for a long while, always wore a Bianchi suede cobra sling.....and I have no pictures of it.

wink
$842 is below wholesale on the RSI. They were $995 wholesale. We have one on the rack at the store I work at and that's what we paid for it.
© 24hourcampfire