Home

Original post https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...72247/Need_help_to_Identify#Post11072247

Thought since it had been a couple months I would repost with the photos now that I have the rifle in hand. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the input.Those that said it was a Hopkins & Allen are correct.It is that and is 22 RF. Still couldn`t find any photos of it so narrowing down a model # still a question. Did see a H&A 12 ga shotgun on GB that had a similar receiver profile.Will be on the search for a buttstock and will do a bit of work on the bore that is a little rough and try to return it to service.
Joe

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

More Photos:

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
It's the 12 bore frame fitted with a rifled bbl.

Not worth much. You could buy the shotgun version and swap the wood.

Action may need work to lock up right. Probably best as a wall hanger.

Seller: Jim Goergen
Company: Goergen's Gun Shop
State: Minnesota
Zip: 55912
Phone:(507) 433-9280

He has 1000s of SS rifles
Larry, contact GFY, it's urgent.
1000is,That`s an interesting observation. Photo of the 12 bore on GB below that is "similar" not the same profile. Fraid I won`t be purchasing this one to swap wood the starting bid is $375. The action locks up tight plan to scrub the bore with some Frontier 45 and JB paste. Just might have a shooter when I locate or make the wood.
Joe

[Linked Image]

Weren't some of them sold with both shotgun and rifle barrels?

Seems to me they were sold that way both as Hopkins & Allens and as Merwin Hulberts.
© 24hourcampfire