Home
Posted By: John_Havard New K95 in the house - 07/11/16
Just added another .308 to the collection. As-is the weight is 7# 1oz. Had to special order the shorter barrel but it's all the little .308 needs.

Attached picture IMG_0976 copy.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0977 copy.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0978 copy.jpg
Posted By: Steelhead Re: New K95 in the house - 07/11/16
Sexy

What length is the barrel?
Posted By: John_Havard Re: New K95 in the house - 07/11/16
The barrel is 52cm long (20.5" if my math is correct).
Posted By: Steelhead Re: New K95 in the house - 07/11/16
Perfect length
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: New K95 in the house - 07/12/16
Gorgeous! Nothing wrong with the .308W but I can't help but think that needs to be chambered in some rimmed metric cartridge to really complete the package. smile
Posted By: John_Havard Re: New K95 in the house - 07/12/16
7.62mm

But the Europeans don't have the market cornered on usable rounds, rimmed or otherwise! wink
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: New K95 in the house - 07/18/16
Beautiful K95 John. I have a couple, one a LH Stutzen 243 and the other a standard American stocked 7mm-08.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: New K95 in the house - 07/19/16
I handled a K95 a couple years ago. They feel wonderful...and I suspect shoot the same. I wouldn't go with that exact style, but they certainly are on the single shot bucket list.
Posted By: John_Havard Re: New K95 in the house - 07/19/16
Thanks OSU Sig,

The good folks at 1ShotGear said it had the best wood they had seen on a Blaser in a long time. I believe them.

This is my second Blaser and if this one shoots as wonderfully as the first one I'll be extremely happy.

Tex, the good thing about beauty is that it's personal and what to one man is not perfection to another it is. I admire the beauty of a wide variety of things. This is not the only style of single shot rifle I admire to be sure. My admiration is not limited to only one style.
Posted By: CrazyIs Re: New K95 in the house - 07/20/16
I really like that John. I'm still waiting on my K95 to come in. Is that the synthetic or wood ebony tip on your forearm. Mine is coming with the synthetic.

Craig
Posted By: jfo4 Re: New K95 in the house - 07/20/16
PM sent to John
Posted By: John_Havard Re: New K95 in the house - 07/20/16
Craig,

I'd have to look at a bit closer to judge if the forearm tip is ebony or synthetic. To be honest I didn't study it very closely.

John
Posted By: CrazyIs Re: New K95 in the house - 07/21/16
John,
I was just curious because I have never seen in person the synthetic ebony tip, but have seen the wooden ebony tip. The ebony tip, IMO, really completes the look of the rifle. I really dislike this waiting game. Mine has been on order since the beginning of March with two barrels coming. One in .270 Win and the other in .22 Hornet.

Craig
Posted By: jmssi Re: New K95 in the house - 07/21/16
Very nice, I have several and they are crazy accurate, nimble and lightweight

They are the perfect mountain rifle imo
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: New K95 in the house - 07/21/16
Originally Posted by CrazyIs
John,
I was just curious because I have never seen in person the synthetic ebony tip, but have seen the wooden ebony tip. The ebony tip, IMO, really completes the look of the rifle. I really dislike this waiting game. Mine has been on order since the beginning of March with two barrels coming. One in .270 Win and the other in .22 Hornet.

Craig

Patience, grasshopper.
Posted By: John_Havard Re: New K95 in the house - 07/21/16
I checked earlier today and mine has a gaboon ebony tip - not anything synthetic.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: New K95 in the house - 07/23/16
John, your wood is as nice as I've seen on a K95 and I'm especially fond of the Octagonal barrels. You did real well.

I've placed on order a 222 Rem barrel and a kit that will allow me to change my Stutzen to a standard forearm and ebony tip kit.

I struggled with choosing the 222 over the 22 hornet but in the end decided to go with the 222 because I have a LH Browning A-Bolt in the 22 Hornet. One of my prized possessions.
Posted By: CrazyIs Re: New K95 in the house - 07/25/16
Thanks John. I hope my synthetic forearm tip looks just as good as yours when it comes in.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: New K95 in the house - 07/27/16
Craig, when did you last check on your K95? The staff in San Antonio has been out of town and some of them have been in Germany. Kevin is due back in today, I believe and may have some updated information for you.

Posted By: CrazyIs Re: New K95 in the house - 07/28/16
Last I spoke to Kevin was towards the end of March.
Posted By: RifleDude Re: New K95 in the house - 07/28/16
Hey John, beautiful K95, sir! Obviously I appreciate your taste in rifles, as besides the BHA89, I too have a K95. I love that rifle!
Posted By: John_Havard Re: New K95 in the house - 07/29/16
Thanks Ted. Sometimes I get a little carried away. I have two BHA89's and might need to thin the herd by one. They both are sweet rifles in their own unique way.
Posted By: Biebs Re: New K95 in the house - 07/29/16
That's an Attache' grade, with the optional octagonal barrel....beautiful rifle. I have an R8 attache', but a K-95 Stutzen is on my radar.
Posted By: jfo4 Re: New K95 in the house - 08/07/16
How does it shoot John?
Posted By: John_Havard Re: New K95 in the house - 08/07/16
jfo4, I am sad to say that it hasn't been out of the safe since the initial photos were taken. However, if it shoots as well as my other Blaser it will be very, very good.
© 24hourcampfire