Home
Posted By: Fotis Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/09/16
https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RU1A275RIGBY
Posted By: RGK Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/09/16
Yes it is. I especially like the 24" barrel.
Bob
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/09/16
From that site:

24"
275 Rigby $1,499.00

They say it's light weight with that 24" barrel???
Posted By: fourbore Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/10/16
Red pad, nice wood! I must be dreaming.

I assume the price is MSRP and actual retail closer to 1k. That is the No1, No1 for this years run. Kudos to Lipsey.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/10/16
Going by this year’s issue of #1’s retail price is going to hover either side of $1200, from maybe $1159 for a good deal up to over $1300 and that’s from the internet dealers. Cabela’s still has some of the 1S .30-06’s and they had them on sale for $1099 a few weeks ago but put them back to $1199 the last time I looked.

This 24" 1A is a good match of barrel profile and length to caliber, it should balance fairly nicely. The 1S .30-06 this year with the 24” barrel looked great in the pictures but was definitely a bit too front heavy with that medium profile barrel.

Speaking of pics, the 1S .30-06 pictured on Ruger’s and Lipsey’s website had gorgeous wood, the reality for everything I saw in person or on sale over the internet wasn’t nearly as nice, and downright plain on about half of them, same as all of the other #1's I looked at this past year.
Posted By: sgtsmmiii Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/10/16
My contact at Lipsey's said that Ruger forgot to put the express sights on the gun ( regular 1A sights are on them ); they are, however, included in the box so you can install them yourself shocked . He looked through a stack for me and said most had plain wood cry .
Posted By: tmitch Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/10/16
Here's one a fellow 'fire member has.

No.1 Rigby
Posted By: Pugs Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/10/16
Originally Posted by tmitch
Here's one a fellow 'fire member has.

No.1 Rigby

Nice. I have a one day business trip to Mass tomorrow but hope to pick mine up Wed or Thur.
Posted By: fourbore Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/12/16
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
My contact at Lipsey's said that Ruger forgot to put the express sights on the gun ( regular 1A sights are on them ); they are, however, included in the box so you can install them yourself shocked . He looked through a stack for me and said most had plain wood cry .

What are express sights? And any suggestion how to purchase that site or find a part number? I would like to replace the folding sites on my 450/400 with the fixed sight used on the Boddington No1. I been unable to find one. I called Ruger multiple times.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/12/16
There was a .275 on GB a few days ago, with semi-decent wood. It went for $1400+
Posted By: fourbore Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/12/16
Perhaps someone could post a picture of the express sights?

Never mind! I just called Ruger with the 11399 rifle number and they said the replacement rear site is available and I got one on the way. smile
Posted By: Lazarus_Long Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/12/16
Looks pretty much identical to the Boddington 7x57 they put out a while back except those had a bit nicer wood from what I've seen. Gun shop I worked at years ago has had one on the shelf for 5 plus years at $1499, keep saying I'm going to convince them to sell it for a little over cost to get rid of it whistle
Posted By: Pugs Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/12/16
Didn't expect great wood but it's OK

[Linked Image]

Came with both sets of sights but these were installed.

[Linked Image]

Why are roll stamps always so rough?
[Linked Image]

Good to know. wink

[Linked Image]

But why would I taint this with that nasty old German 7x57 Stuff? grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/12/16
But of course not, sir. Only Woodleigh stoked 275 Rigby ammo is tolerated. Very sweet looking rifle, now you need a civilized scope to put on there, the off to "Injia" and a panther awaits!
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/12/16
Nice Ruger #1 .275 Rigby.

Agree with Jorge,it needs a "civilized scope" on it.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Nice!!!! 275 Rigby - 10/12/16
Does it come with an 'Improved Chamber', Talley Rings, Kepplinger Trigger, Floated Fore-End, and a 28" Lilja Bbl.....

wink

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire