Home
Posted By: Sixpack Encore Scope Mounts - 12/17/16
Anybody running Leupold dual dovetails on an encore? I am wanting to run them with Leupold 2-7x33 or 3-9x40. I can clear these fine on bolt guns with dual dovetails and lows but unsure on encore with a hammer. Thanks
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 12/17/16
I run nothing but Warne base and rings.
Posted By: skeen Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 12/17/16
On my TC Encore Pro Hunter I'm running a Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 with the Leupold 1 piece Quick Release base and 1" low rings.

No clearance problems, but, I do have my hammer off-set.
Posted By: Sixpack Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 12/17/16
Originally Posted by skeen
On my TC Encore Pro Hunter I'm running a Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 with the Leupold 1 piece Quick Release base and 1" low rings.

Thank you sir. Having an older frame without the offset hammer is my concern. Appreciate the info
Posted By: skeen Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 12/17/16
You can just buy a hammer extender, though some folks claim if you do add one to an encore, you'll need a stronger spring.

You can buy the whole kit for $23 bucks from Mike Bellm- http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=11&
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 01/02/17
You can just buy a hammer extender, though some folks claim if you do add one to an encore, you'll need a stronger spring.

You can buy the whole kit for $23 bucks from Mike Bellm- http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=11&

A hammer extension will break your hammer spur. You can upgrade your old hammer to the new style for $100.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 01/03/17
Originally Posted by Sixpack

Thank you sir. Having an older frame without the offset hammer is my concern. Appreciate the info

My Encore muzzle loader is an early model Encore frame without the swing hammer using the Leopold "QR" quick release rings. There is plenty of room for your thumb to cock the hammer.

Doc
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 01/06/17
Originally Posted by Reloder28
A hammer extension will break your hammer spur. You can upgrade your old hammer to the new style for $100.

I need to tell my Encore's hammer; it's had an extension on it for about 10 years without any trouble.
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 01/06/17
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I need to tell my Encore's hammer; it's had an extension on it for about 10 years without any trouble.

I had four of them with hammer extensions and never had a problem. I really like the Mike Bellm hammer extension.
Posted By: Upyoda Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 01/07/17
Bellm makes great extension. Been running one for quite a few years with no problems at all,
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 02/10/17
Don't use steel hammer extensions. They will misfire. Too much weight.
Use aluminum extensions.
A Contender with the skeleton hammer will break.
My ENCORE hammers have never broken.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 02/11/17
I am probably the odd man out, but I really do not care for the leupold bases for the encore. To my thinking it leaves a lot of the eyepiece end of the tube sticking out the back of the ring unsupported. I prefer a mount that had the rear ring behind the base screws: One of my encore barrels has the Warne Maxima base and the other a Stratton Customs. Both use Burris Tactical rings as they are light and utilize 6 screws as I have had scopes slip in standard 2 screw rings.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 02/13/17
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
I am probably the odd man out, but I really do not care for the leupold bases for the encore. To my thinking it leaves a lot of the eyepiece end of the tube sticking out the back of the ring unsupported. I prefer a mount that had the rear ring behind the base screws: One of my encore barrels has the Warne Maxima base and the other a Stratton Customs. Both use Burris Tactical rings as they are light and utilize 6 screws as I have had scopes slip in standard 2 screw rings.

I strictly use Warne or MGM base on all my Encore & G2 barrels.
Posted By: CraigD Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 02/13/17
The MGM (AKA Stratton) base has the additional benefit of being available in a six screw version for the heavy recoiling calibers. I have two Virgin Vally Custom Gun (Stratton) and one MGM - these are identical and allow for Picatinny rail type rings.

An additional bonus with the MGM-style base is that it allows for greater ring spacing versus the Leupold/Burris dual dovetail mounts.

I only have one Pro-Hunter Encore frame and two regular Encore frames and I don't have any issues cocking the hammer on any of these frames.
Posted By: damnyankee308 Re: Encore Scope Mounts - 02/14/17
Stratton bases on both my 7-08 and 50 cal barrels. Rock solid. I use a hammer offset, Marbles i think and have never had a problem and my Encore was bought new in '01.

Had a weaver base on my 50 cal originally but it flexed significantly.
© 24hourcampfire