Home
Posted By: GSPfan Ruger scope rings - 04/13/17
I'm going to look at a #1 international tomorrow at what sounds to be a very attractive price BUT there are no rings with it. IF this comes home with me does anyone have a set of rigs they would sell or point me in the direction where I could find a set. I checked Midway but no luck there.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/13/17
Midway does carry pretty much the full line of Ruger rings--gloss blued, matte blued, stainless, etc. And in all heights...offset also.

I think I have a spare set of 4B's at home that I could probably part with. I'll have to check when I leave work.

If I were you though, and you do buy the rifle, I would try calling Ruger. Tell them you just bought the rifle second hand and the rings were not supplied. Their customer service is remarkable and I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you a pair for free.
Posted By: tdd4570 Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/13/17
I have a couple of sets. I don't remember the ht's. PM me if you get it and I will look.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/13/17
Thanks War Eagle. I searched Midway for scope rings and Ruger scope rings but got nothing but I'm not the best with these machines.:)
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/13/17
Optics Planet has the best price on Ruger rings
I just ordered 2 Ruger off set rings $34.89 ea
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/13/17
Midway has Leupold's Ruger #1 rings on sale. They are excellent rings, lighter than Ruger's rings, and they come in low height which is perfect for 20mm objective scopes like the Leupold 2.5 and 3x. Here's a link:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948063/leupold-ring-mounts-ruger-1-77-22-matte
Posted By: hookeye Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/13/17
What scope are you gonna run?
Don't be surprised if you end up needing an "offset" ring.
I have a neck, but am no giraffe and still needed one for my old M8 4X.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/13/17
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Midway has Leupold's Ruger #1 rings on sale. They are excellent rings, lighter than Ruger's rings, and they come in low height which is perfect for 20mm objective scopes like the Leupold 2.5 and 3x. Here's a link:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948063/leupold-ring-mounts-ruger-1-77-22-matte

This right here^^^^^^^

I think my Ruger rings are probably all in a box somewhere. I've switched most every Ruger ring out for the nicer, lighter, *better* Leupolds. wink
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/14/17
Originally Posted by hookeye
What scope are you gonna run?
Don't be surprised if you end up needing an "offset" ring.
I have a neck, but am no giraffe and still needed one for my old M8 4X.
Yup double off set is how I fly with VX2 2x7 scopes just mounted one yesterday and have another NO 1 and VX2 2x7 on the way along with 2 more off set rings
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/14/17
Im thinking Leupold Vari XIII 2.5X8.
Posted By: 21 Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/14/17
I think #1 rings are not the same as 77 rings front and rear. I believe I read somewhere that the 77's have two different heights front and back (eg., 3 and 4) while the #1 is the same height front and back. Might want to check and be sure.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/14/17
Originally Posted by 21
I think #1 rings are not the same as 77 rings. I believe I read somewhere that the 77's have two different heights front and back (eg., 3 and 4) while the #1 is the same height front and back. Might want to check and be sure.

That is true!

A pair of 1s wearing Leupold lows:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/14/17
I have some extra rings also; should be a set of Leupold offset, not sure if they are highs or mediums.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/15/17
I like the Leupold rings. Amazon often carries both kinds, if you know which ones you need.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/15/17
Originally Posted by GSPfan
Im thinking Leupold Vari XIII 2.5X8.

FWIW my Leupold 2.5-8X wouldn't fit without two offset rings.
One is ugly enough IMHO.

4X M8 w one offset ring (has since been moved slightly more rearward)

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/15/17
Yeah, what works varies somewhat from person to person and scope to scope. Old K6 Weaver in low rings. Just a fit.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: model70man Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/15/17
I have several No. 1 Rugers but when I bought my 1-S back in 1998 Ruger was no longer supplying rings with them. I actually called Ruger about it and that's what they told me. I ended up putting Burris Signature rings on it but I don't think Burris sells those any more.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/15/17
Never heard that before, the one pictured above, bought about 10 years ago, came with mediums which Ruger swapped for lows, free of charge.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/17/17
I ended up buying the International 7X57 and another #1 in 6.5 Creedmore. The 6.5 came scoped with a Vortex 3X12X42 and has had a box of shells through it and the 7X57 a half box.
If I need off set rings I'll use an Elite 3X9 I have on a M70 06 that I don't shoot. I'll call Ruger tomorrow as previously suggested and see if there willing to do some customer service and send a set.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Ruger scope rings - 04/18/17
I just spoke to Ruger and War Eagle was correct in that they are sending a set of rings at no cost.
© 24hourcampfire