Home
Posted By: Cohiba Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 09/28/06
Anyone else here be interested in a blk teflon finished fiberglass stocked 20" heavy bbl 308 ruger #1 w/ a mil spec piccatiny rail and bipod?
Posted By: BMT Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 09/28/06
Is that for sale? BMT
Posted By: Cohiba Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 09/29/06
no, im dreaming.
Posted By: BMT Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 09/29/06
Bummer, sounds cool. BMT
Posted By: JOG Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 09/29/06
What, no bayonet lug?

Just my opinion, but you'd be spoiling the elegance. I suppose a burka has its advantages, but don't tell Angelina Jolie...
Posted By: Gene L Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 10/03/06
Can't think of anything you'd put on a rail, except a flashlight...and that on a rifle?

Man, to me that sounds ugly. But to each his own.

I like "real" wood on a No 1. Yes, synthetics are better and so are laminates, but you don't buy a No 1 for a target rifle.

And I also like the old ones with the nice wood. When did they start putting the straight-grained walnut on them?
Posted By: Cohiba Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 10/16/06
gene, the rail is for mounting the scope. instead of the quarter rib.
Posted By: Gene L Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 10/17/06
Sorry, that was a failed attempt at humor.
Posted By: Cohiba Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 10/17/06
a cop w/ a sense of humor, please.
HA!
although my lightweight tactical has mounting holes for attaching a surefire pistol light to the left side of the forend. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Gene L Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 10/17/06
Hey, Cohiba....got a H-BAR for sale. Got two of them, a "LE ONLY" model (which is now legal for everyone) and a 22" SS free-floated flat top, I believe DPMS. Match barrel for shooting stuff far, far away.

Got too many guns.
Posted By: Rexster Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 10/21/06
Anyone else here be interested in a blk teflon finished fiberglass stocked 20" heavy bbl 308 ruger #1 w/ a mil spec piccatiny rail and bipod?
Except for the heavy barrel, I would like to see something such as this, and depending on what you mean by a heavy barrel, we may be in agreement. I had once thought of having a stainless/laminated No. 1 set up as a "heavy utility" rifle, with a darkened finish, and a short rail or two for accessories, but using the Ruger scope rings and mounts. (Note that I did not use the "t" word.) I thought I was being a maverick about the subject of single-shot antipersonnel rifles, until I read David Lauck's book on the subject of police marksmen and their rifles.
Posted By: Swampman1 Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 10/21/06
Aren't tactical rifles supposed to be fairly accurate?
Posted By: Cohiba Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 10/21/06
i was thinking something in the area of a .92" BBL.
im sure that the fiberglass/ composite stock would aid in keeping the rifle consistant. hicks accurizer would be nice.
Posted By: Tod Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 12/21/06
Seekins precision has talked about making a Picatinny for the Ruger number 1. I had so much problem mounting a scope with adequate eye relieve, I egged him on.
Posted By: Rexster Re: Ruger #1 tactical HBAR - 12/27/06
I would buy one of those Picatinney rails for a No. 1! Maybe more than one.
© 24hourcampfire