Home
Posted By: okiebowhunter Lures - 01/19/12
I thought I would mention a little about some lures Ive used for years and some that I have recently found to be great. Seems we have a few guys just starting and could use the info.

Ive been trapping for about 20 years and the list of lures I have tried is pretty long to say the least. As with anything else, I have come to trust a select few to uses year after year. Bear in mind I target cats, coons, coyotes, and the occaisional fox. Some of my old favs are Gusto, Steppenwolf I and II, Pro's Choice, Catmando, Mink Master, Cawfish Oil, Yodel Dog, Coons Casket, Moonshine, Sweetwater Flattail.

Some of the more recent lures I have tried that I believe are top notch are VooDoo, Violator 7, GH II, and Bounty Hunter.

My favorite 2 lures would be Violator 7 and Gusto, with GH II and VooDoo being right there with them.

As for baits I have a couple I make and a couple commercial. I buy Hiawatha Valley (awesome), Minnesotsa Predator, and Bush Wacker.

Hope this helps some of the new trappers out. I know I am always pondering the next best lure.

Joseph
Posted By: 76_michael Re: Lures - 01/21/12
I use the same as you do on lures I think that Caven's brand lures and baits are the best , I also have really good luck with Blackiesblend , Light foot and Ranger these 2 lure are really good for yotes, cats, and coons, and fox
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Lures - 01/27/12
Thanks for the info.

Now for the stupid question.....where can a guy buy the stuff?
Posted By: Minker Re: Lures - 01/27/12
www.minntrapprod.com

minnesota trapline products website.

all there products and services are top notch.

they sell a huge vareity of all types of trapping supplys, lure, bait, traps, snares, etc.

Posted By: stevelyn Re: Lures - 01/28/12
I've always been partial to the Laugaman's, now Big Sky lures.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Lures - 01/29/12
Thanks!
Posted By: okiebowhunter Re: Lures - 01/30/12
I buy all my lures, baits and urine from Minnesota Trapline. If you buy once you will see why.

Joseph
Posted By: readonly Re: Lures - 01/30/12
Originally Posted by okiebowhunter
I buy all my lures, baits and urine from Minnesota Trapline. If you buy once you will see why.

Joseph

they send freebies grin
Posted By: 22WRF Re: Lures - 02/03/12
Its been awhile since I trapped much, but I used to really like Garold Weilands lures, especially his Big Deuce and Winter Big Deuce. Those two lures were fantastic!!
Posted By: okiebowhunter Re: Lures - 02/09/12
Big Duece is a good one from way back. Ive caught a lot of critters with it. Havent used it in years.

Joseph
Posted By: brinky72 Re: Lures - 02/17/12
Thanks,website bookmarked. I know of a few guys that have use anise as a lure,anyone use it or hear of using it?
Posted By: poboy Re: Lures - 02/18/12
My bobcats like Wayne Derrick's Pecos Cat. My grey fox like just about anything.
© 24hourcampfire