Home
Posted By: 16penny fox and badger - 12/04/12
I was surprised to see a badger at 7000ft elevation it was my first. those things are harder to skin than an otter
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: fox and badger - 12/04/12
Thanks for sharing, 16penny.

Wolverines and Badgers have always intrigued me. I had my first close encounter with a bagder while slipping up on a bedded Whitetail buck in Kansas years ago, and I was impressed with the effect that his presence made upon me. I wanted to harvest him, but would have blown the deer opportunity, so I just watched in awe of the animal as he hunted with great purpose.

I recently bought a badger off old Trapper Jake from Riverton, Wyoming while I was there antelope hunting. You probably know about him, but I didn't until I ran across him out hunting. He is 98 years old and still runs a trap line. He had a couple critters he'd caught that morning and skinned the badger for me to have mounted. There's a museum dedicated to him in Riverton, they say.

I'd kind of like to have a nice fox to incorporate into my lifesize badger mount after seeing this photo...

[Linked Image]

Anybody have a interest in providing me with a real nice fox skin to use for this? I'd want it shipped directly to my taxidermist here in Mississippi.

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted By: TooTall Re: fox and badger - 12/04/12
Very nice mount.
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: fox and badger - 12/22/12
Badgers are very neat. I have only seen 2 alive in my life, killed one of them and have a beautiful rug made from it. I also LOVE calling in fox, they are a blast!
Posted By: ingwe Re: fox and badger - 12/22/12
Ahem....it would be easier to convince me to come down there if I knew fox were involved...

Just sayin'... whistle
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: fox and badger - 12/23/12
I have a few places LOADED with grey fox!
Posted By: 76_michael Re: fox and badger - 12/24/12
nice
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: fox and badger - 12/24/12
Well, my Badger skin will soon be at the tannery.

I am still hoping that someone will be able to come up with a really nice Fox for me so that I can make this taxidermy mount happen.
© 24hourcampfire