Home
Posted By: Spotshooter Raccoon Armageddon - 12/08/12
The little bastards torn apart my deer feeder for the last time.

I placed 9 dog proof raccoon traps and a large have-a-heart there, Now there are around 18 of them hitting the feeder, but I'm hoping to take half of them out with one shot.
Posted By: poboy Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/08/12
Good Luck. Gonna keep the hides?
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/08/12
Got real cold last night, so I only got one of he buggers, yep - skinning them out
Posted By: Alann Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/10/12
One down, seventeen to go.
Posted By: poboy Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/10/12
Supposed to freeze for the first time tonite. Maybe start trapping around Christmas. It's hard to wait, but they need to fur-up some.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/12/12
One way to trap raccoons is to put cat food and small marshmallow in a TV dinner plastic tray in a live trap.

When a cat gets caught, turn it loose. But when a raccoon gets caught leave it in there. Then come back later and you may scare his buddies up a tree. Shoot them out of the trees. Then shoot him in the cage.

Cover the live cage so that it is dark and dry in there.

Put a board in the bottom so the animal does not have to walk on steel.

After the animal is shot, wash out the cage with a hose to get rid of any odor.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/12/12
Oops, forgot to post an update, we had a cold snap so the hordes stayed away. I did nail a 23 lb raccoon the first night, and a 19lb day two. I gave them away and didn't take pictures of them.
Posted By: readonly Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/12/12
I didn't realize they have raccoon that big in Texas.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/13/12
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Oops, forgot to post an update, we had a cold snap so the hordes stayed away. I did nail a 23 lb raccoon the first night, and a 19lb day two. I gave them away and didn't take pictures of them.

Might think about sending one to Bristoe so his possum could have some company.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Raccoon Armageddon - 12/13/12
LOL

Corn feed raccoons should make good eats for somebody, but not me.

I'm up near Kansas City, and right on the border of a state parks, so the suckers are well fed, and Fat!
© 24hourcampfire