Home
Posted By: bamagun01 Otters? - 01/21/14
While we were trying to rid our property of beaver we have also caught four nice otters. (Now I know why the beaver pond doesn't have many fish). Oh well, my kids have had a blast this year helping set traps and knocking out dams. We have caught a couple of otter in this pond in the past but not four in a week. Here's a picture of my son and the two from Saturday.
[Linked Image]

Posted By: FishinHank Re: Otters? - 01/21/14
Nice! I love catching otter.
Posted By: Topstock Re: Otters? - 01/21/14
Behind the Cheddar Curtain they make us apply for a permit to take one in a season. I haven't applied in several years. Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard they are not granting permits to all applicants. So anyhow, consider yourself fortunate to be able to take multiple otter. I'm envious :-)
Posted By: willecoyote Re: Otters? - 01/21/14
My son and I caught some last year, they were bringing $85 last year haven't heard this year yet.He looks pretty proud of the catch!
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Otters? - 01/22/14
Very proud! He loves the outdoors...Hunting, fishing, trapping or just plain kicking around in a creek. Makes me happy also.
Posted By: willecoyote Re: Otters? - 01/22/14
Sounds like my son! He caught his third coyote this morn. Picked the trap location set the trap, did it himself......makes me happy too!
© 24hourcampfire