Home
Posted By: mog75 Trap bedding 101 - 04/12/16
He said he was going to catch a coyote (kydotee actually). I told him I don't think they'll come in the yard because of the dogs, so now it's set for monsters. Any critique or advice would be appreciated. Also not sure if a #1 jump is big enough for monsters. What you guys think?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4ager Re: Trap bedding 101 - 04/13/16
That's awesome.
Posted By: jd9770 Re: Trap bedding 101 - 04/13/16
What type of bait is he using for the monster? Nothing beats the optimism or determination of a kid.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Trap bedding 101 - 04/13/16
Originally Posted by jd9770
What type of bait is he using for the monster? Nothing beats the optimism or determination of a kid.

Nothing that he mentioned, must be a blind set. Suppose I could take the lid off the Gusto bottle and let him spice it up a little? I've got a few different lures, any suggestions? What really draws the monsters?
Posted By: jd9770 Re: Trap bedding 101 - 04/13/16
Cookies draw a Cookie Monster, if I remember 😄
Posted By: poboy Re: Trap bedding 101 - 04/14/16
Peanut butter.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Trap bedding 101 - 04/15/16
That reminds me, one of my friends, 72 years old and drunk every waking hour swears cheetos are the best coyote bait he's ever used. I've seen the coyotes and cheeto bags in his pickup. Has anyone heard of this? Is he just screwing with me?
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Trap bedding 101 - 04/17/16
Cheetos will catch raccoons for certain. I don't know about coyotes.
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: Trap bedding 101 - 04/22/16
Originally Posted by mog75
That reminds me, one of my friends, 72 years old and drunk every waking hour swears cheetos are the best coyote bait he's ever used. I've seen the coyotes and cheeto bags in his pickup. Has anyone heard of this? Is he just screwing with me?

Cheetos and BEER .........not for the coyotes but the trapper.....
Posted By: JSH Re: Trap bedding 101 - 05/08/16
For monsters in a #1 you will want to double stake and make sure you have a mid-chain swivel...
Great photos!
Posted By: LNF150 Re: Trap bedding 101 - 05/13/16
I bet those camo crocs are a lot more comfortable than rubber boots.
© 24hourcampfire