Home
Posted By: willecoyote Buyer for skulls? - 12/22/16
My son is trapping again this season and has several skulls from this and previous seasons in the freezer. Does anyone know of a buyer? Fur prices being what they are, he's just looking for a little more return for his effort.
Thanks in advance
Will
Posted By: 1minute Re: Buyer for skulls? - 12/22/16
Probably state dependent, but there can be issues with selling wildlife parts. Might pay to check you local regs.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Buyer for skulls? - 12/22/16
Learn to clean/whiten and sell on ebay/craiglist.

Take it a step further and get d. beetles and take in other skulls for a nice profit.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Buyer for skulls? - 12/22/16
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
...Take it a step further and get d. beetles and take in other skulls for a nice profit.

THIS! I wish I knew of a place I could (reasonably) get skulls cleaned like this.

In Deep South Texas, all you have to do is hang them from a limb out of the reach of coyotes and the fire ants will clean them, quite nicely.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Deep South Texas...

Ed

Posted By: willecoyote Re: Buyer for skulls? - 12/22/16
I checked with a local Conservation Officer last year and she said selling skulls in VA was ok.
We've thought about the beetles but fur handling and beetles don't go well together in the same building, plus we have enough projects/hobbies. It would work best for him to just sell them.
Will
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Buyer for skulls? - 12/22/16
Skulls Unlimited used to buy them, didn't pay much if I remember right but you didn't have to clean them.
Posted By: willecoyote Re: Buyer for skulls? - 12/24/16
Thanks Hank, We'll try to contact them after the holidays.
© 24hourcampfire