Home
I received Craig Boddinton's book "The Accurate Rifle and Rifleman" for Christmas.

I like this author and generally his book are interesting, informative and well presented. Overall, I think the book is a good read but let down by proof reading issues - errata where part of a chapter end paragraph was not completed.

The book could really do with an index. Having written masters degree dissertations, it is not that difficult to create an automatic list of contents and referencing system. I would assume the various publisher software packages would do this if Word can produce report contents.

The picture headings could do with giving more information / descriptive. If you have read his American Hunting Rifles II book, you will recognise the left handed P O Ackley actioned .264 Win rifle. To us lefties, that is real eye candy etc..

I would rate this book as 6.5- 7/10. I would buy it myself and would suggest a friend has a look too.
good read even for us older guys. i am always looking for a tidbit i hadn't thought of.
Gonna wait till the 2nd edition comes out before I buy it.
I will read it sooner or later
© 24hourcampfire