Home
Posted By: selmer First blood! - 01/25/14
We finally had a one day reprieve on our bitterly cold weather today. Made it into the low 30s and the kids got out of school early. I helped my 10 year old with her homework, then we packed up and went on her first hunt where she was carrying a firearm. We have a local apple orchard about 5 miles from the house and it's on a century-old farm with lots of old buildings and a shelterbelt. Perfect rabbit cover. We spent the last hour of daylight hunting and ended up with three. We spotted the first one and I got her into position to shoot and she said, "I want to see you shoot one first." So I shot that one. We kept going a little farther and another sat perfect still, broadside. She carefully maneuvered next to a 4" tree and used it for support. Perfect shot through the ribcage, it flipped over and never moved. She was very, very excited - so was I! All of her target shooting is paying off in preparation for deer hnting next fall.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Proud_Dad Re: First blood! - 01/25/14
Nice! Can tell by the smile she is proud of that one! Congratulations to both of you and good luck on the deer hunt next fall.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: First blood! - 01/25/14
My congratulations to the young lady! It has been many moons since I took my first cottontail, but I do remember it. More importantly, I remember my Grandfather being there with me. She'll have you with her every time she hunts now. May that be for many good years to come!
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: First blood! - 01/26/14
Good job young lady!!!!!
Posted By: BwanaND Re: First blood! - 01/29/14
Too cool!
Posted By: boatboy Re: First blood! - 02/07/14
very cool
congrats
Hank
Posted By: wink_man Re: First blood! - 03/27/14
Nice shooting young lady, congrats, and to Dad also for spending quality time with you, love it.
Posted By: 76_michael Re: First blood! - 03/29/14
nice , congrats
© 24hourcampfire