Home
[Linked Image]
You've got to love that!

My son just turned 5 and he is gun and animal crazy too.

It warms my heart to see boys being boys
I have no idea where he got that sneak but he has it down PAT.
Great picture!
That is greatness!
Too cute 6MMWASP! smile
He is one of 5 grandsons and 1 great grandson. Lucky enough to live near him unlike the others. Az. is a long way from Montana.

He will be my dog shooting buddy pretty soon.
That's great Mike !

Looks like a natural - easy to stay low at three years of age .

How's your grandson that had a health problem ?

I sent him the backpack/bino's and such , I hope he is well .

Mike
Thanks for asking Mike. He is still getting treatments until January. Cancer free!!

Again thanks for all you and others on the fire did for him.

Too cool....

Did he get the wabbit?
Pesky rabbit is still alive and well.
Pic of the year contender. 😀
Great to hear Mike -!!
Just making sure on his first dog shoot

[Linked Image]
Checking for survivors
[Linked Image]
What a great hunting buddy. He did get to shoot a buck but it didn't lay down because it was too far and his gun was too little ( Pop Gun )His words

Framing material.....

[Linked Image]

Sure is .
Well we finally ran that bunny's big brother down.
[Linked Image]
grin
Just looked back at this and see the picture was lost?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Finally ran that wascally wabbit down.

Montana Daycare.....it's good to be "Little Man".....
Damn cute, That's bringing him up right!!!!! I just gave my 3 year old grandson his great grandpa's model 70, 300 H-H. Maybe a little pre mature!

That's too cool....And the rifle's taller than he is.
We got the too big rifle covered with one of his uncles lending him an early chipmunk until he grows into the CZ Scout I picked up for him last year.

That old beater rifle lives behind the seat just in case the PD's try to overrun us.

Those are just the greatest.

Keep them coming, enough other type of "news' on here that these pics are well received by me (and plenty others I bet)

Thanks,
Geno
Just saw this. That shot of him walking away with the gun over his shoulder is a classic.
another great hunting in the making.
Got a chipmunk from one of his uncles. By summer it is going to fit him pretty well. Look out PD's then.

[Linked Image]
Some serious aiming going on here.

[Linked Image]
Great pictures! Looks like that young man is off to a great start!
Those are some precious pics.

donsm70
Little man FINALLY got his first prairie dog, about 30 yards with his borrowed chipmunk with no assistance. He is stoked. About a week after his 5th birthday.

[Linked Image]
That's another Great picture!
Blowing out the knees in his jeans and growing like crazy, you've got a lot of fun memories ahead with the "little hunting man", Congratulations!
Thanks Colodog. We are shooting dogs again on Tuesday before he starts school the following Wednesday. is jeans don't last long for sure. He is excited for antelope season. Hope we can find one while he is with me.
Originally Posted by 22250rem
That's too cool....And the rifle's taller than he is.

I second that notion. Cheers NC
I got to pick up little man up from school for a quick look around to see if I wanted to try to fill my doe/ fawn antelope tag with him in tow.

Conversation after about an hour and a half with seeing no antelope.

Buddy you are pretty quiet, are you bored.

No grandpa I'm fine. I'm having fun.

I said, it can be kind of boring when we can't find what we are looking but we are having fun and that's all that really matters.

Yea

I told him that it an get pretty exciting when we see antelope;

His response was classic.

Grandpa it will get REALLY exciting if we see a rabbit, while holding his Chipmunk 22.

We have another hunter.
I had decided not to fill my doe / fawn antelope due to low numbers on the 2 ranches I usually hunt. Little man had other ideas. We made one last stab at it yesterday and found that the antelope had moved back into one of the ranches. Saw a bunch

Our first successful antelope when he was with me. He was pretty interested in field dressing and helped a bunch. Big grins and he has to have some steaks to feed mom, dad, and little sister.

[Linked Image]
Thanks for posting the picture Mike, It made me chuckle every time I saw it but I didn't have time to reply till now.
I see his trusty Cricket and he's out with Grandpa making meat.
He's a lucky Little Man to learn to hunt and share the memories with you!

It'll be some years from now but I can see him thinking, " Wow, I've been a hunter all my life". Well done, Grandpa!
School at three. That is truly sad, He should be out building stuff, playing in streams, fishing, and discovering ants, frogs, salamanders etc. Did no sort of school until I was six and I fondly remember those being great times.
Originally Posted by 1minute
School at three. That is truly sad, He should be out building stuff, playing in streams, fishing, and discovering ants, frogs, salamanders etc. Did no sort of school until I was six and I fondly remember those being great times.

1minute please look at the date on the original post. It started when he was actually 3, he is now 5 and is in K.

Believe me he is getting muddy and dirty every day, helping his dad with ranch and farm work, making traps? shooting bugs with a bb gun and doing what 5 year old farm / ranch kids do. and hunting with grandpa.

Little man is growing up fast
© 24hourcampfire