Home
Posted By: coldboremiracle Son's first Buck - 11/01/16
Finished my son's first mule deer hunt on Saturday, we managed to get him on a little buck. He was excited!
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: NTG Re: Son's first Buck - 11/01/16
Excellent! Congrats to him! By the way, little deer = very good eating.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Son's first Buck - 11/01/16
Outstanding work there. Those will be forever memories for you guys.
Posted By: coldboremiracle Re: Son's first Buck - 11/02/16
Thanks guys, it certainly was one of my best hunting memories for sure.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Son's first Buck - 11/02/16
Congrats to both of you.
Posted By: Proud_Dad Re: Son's first Buck - 11/02/16
Nice way to start that young man's hunting career! Congratulations to both of you and best wishes for many more memorable hunting trips together.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Son's first Buck - 11/05/16
Very well done! Congrats to you both!!!
Posted By: coldboremiracle Re: Son's first Buck - 11/07/16
Thanks guys, I spent a lot of time with him all summer long practicing. And he did lots of dry fire practice too, we spent time getting comfortable in field positions and dry firing from them as well. I think it gave both him and myself the confidence needed, so that when it came time for the real thing, we were ready.
That little 260 is a sharpshooting little gun, the 120gr bullets I loaded leave the muzzle at just under 2800fps. And at 490 yards across the canyon, it took 2.4MIL of elevation to hit that deer.
Cant wait to get out some more, and find those elk.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Son's first Buck - 11/08/16
Congratulations
Posted By: bea175 Re: Son's first Buck - 11/13/16
He did good
Posted By: texas_hawg Re: Son's first Buck - 11/16/16
That's a great shot and some even better memories.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Son's first Buck - 11/19/16
Congratulation to the young man! Nice work.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Son's first Buck - 12/09/16
Congratulations, very cool first buck.
Posted By: coldboremiracle Re: Son's first Buck - 12/12/16
Thanks guys, we are out looking for elk now.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4ager Re: Son's first Buck - 12/26/16
Originally Posted by coldboremiracle
[Linked Image]

Gonna teach him to try to head shoot cow elk, then lose them, too?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11686288/1
Posted By: smokepole Re: Son's first Buck - 12/27/16
Congrats to the young man, that's a great-looking kid. Did he get his elk?
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Son's first Buck - 12/27/16
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by coldboremiracle
[Linked Image]

Gonna teach him to try to head shoot cow elk, then lose them, too?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11686288/1

I see he is still self promoting. Noted the "coldboremiracle" on the stock, easily seen...

Using kids in the quest for self promotion appears to be par for course..

Fortunately CBM can still serve as a good "horrible" example to show potential LR hunters.

He is a shining example of what not to do, or how to conduct one's self.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Son's first Buck - 12/28/16
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I see he is still self promoting. Noted the "coldboremiracle" on the stock, easily seen...

What is it that he's promoting?
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Son's first Buck - 12/29/16
His fakebook page. Create enough buzz/views, and the freebie doors start to open.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Son's first Buck - 12/30/16
Funny, I never saw the letters on the stock. All I saw was a smiling kid, out in the mountains hunting.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Son's first Buck - 12/30/16
Visit the Fakebook page and start counting all the hashtags and shout-outs to equipment companies.
I don't do Facebook.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Son's first Buck - 12/30/16
I don't either, but many do.

Posted By: 4ager Re: Son's first Buck - 12/30/16
Hell, just google "coldboremiracle" and witness all the social media sites and channels, with the copious hashtags and pimping of everything including his kids in order to find or appease a sponsor so he can continue to be an unethical SOB.
Why would I do that? Are you a big fan?
Posted By: 79S Re: Son's first Buck - 12/31/16
Originally Posted by 4ager
Hell, just google "coldboremiracle" and witness all the social media sites and channels, with the copious hashtags and pimping of everything including his kids in order to find or appease a sponsor so he can continue to be an unethical SOB.

First cngrats to the youngster getting a deer.. and
You aren't kidding i googled it and tons of hits on coldboremiracle.. anyhow here I am worried trying to get my kid within 150yds to shoot a moose he has his kid shooting 500yds at a deer.. I would never let my kid take a 500yd shot
Posted By: 4ager Re: Son's first Buck - 12/31/16
Originally Posted by smokepole
Why would I do that? Are you a big fan?

Not a fan at all; simply to prove the point that the unethical SOB is simply pimping his son in order to make a buck - as folks on this one that the long range threads have stated.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Son's first Buck - 12/31/16
So, he can't post a photo of his son, with his first buck? Seems to me, he should be able to do that.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Son's first Buck - 12/31/16
I'm in COMPLETE support of kids hunting, and with few exceptions (like Scenarshooter's threads), I MUCH prefer to read hunting reports where kids have success and share priceless moments with their families. So yes, I'm happy for this boy from Utah who shot his first buck. He's just a kid, and he's got every right to be as excited as humanly possible about his hunt.

That said, I'm not in support of a boy learning from his Dad, when Dad's both irresponsible and commercializing the whole experience (in MY opinion). The Campfire is loaded with healthy examples of kids hunting with their dads (Mackay's threads come to mind first, but not solely), but this social media sponsorship trolling "sniper" is not cut from the same cloth (in MY opinion)................or we wouldn't even be discussing it.

Posted By: smokepole Re: Son's first Buck - 12/31/16
Originally Posted by 222Rem
That said, I'm not in support of a boy learning from his Dad, when Dad's both irresponsible and commercializing the whole experience (in MY opinion).

I'm not either. I thought I might have missed something so I went back and read the whole thread. I didn't see any of that.

Just a kid with his first buck.
© 24hourcampfire